Lenovo's PC sales began to recover in its latest fiscal quarter, but the world's fourth-biggest PC maker warned that the recession was not over as it posted a net loss Thursday.
Microsoft is trying to improve the visuals in Windows 7 by working with hardware makers on a software interface that maximizes the use of graphics cards.
More than seven years after pulling out of the Australian market, Gateway PC -- the brand with the cow-themed logo -- will return to Australia on 15 August with a range of notebooks targeted at fashion-conscious consumers.
Microsoft's Windows Division president Steven Sinofsky tried Wednesday to tamp down a growing roar that Windows 7 RTM has a critical flaw that can shut down the OS by running a simple command.
Microsoft Tuesday released the final beta of Windows 7 XP Mode, adding new USB and drive sharing support options along with a user tutorial for the operating system add-on aimed at the small and midsize business market.
Microsoft Tuesday released software that uses virtualization to allow people to run applications in Windows 7 as if they are running in XP, making it easier for applications written for older versions of the OS to run on Windows 7.
Microsoft for the first time has named Linux distributors Red Hat and Canonical as competitors to its Windows client business in its annual filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
HP today announced the expansion of its "HP Planet Partners Program" to consumer and small business customers. Previously available only to its direct enterprise customers, the recycling program will allow consumers and small to medium businesses to ...
Revised data from a prominent Web metrics company dropped Apple under the 5% market-share mark, about half what the same firm said Macs enjoyed just two months ago.
Betting that European antitrust regulators will okay its proposal for a "ballot screen" and facing opposition from computer makers and corporate customers, Microsoft late Friday abandoned plans to ship Windows 7 without Internet Explorer (IE).
Microsoft on Friday let users who want to upgrade from one version of Windows 7 to another know how they can do so.
Many potential buyers of laptops priced under US$300 in the U.S. had an unpleasant surprise over the weekend: The machines would not be eligible for a free upgrade to Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system.
Microsoft made a U-turn today and announced that it would hand out free copies of Windows 7 Ultimate to the initiation-only testers who received the very earliest builds of the OS last year.
Pirates have cracked Windows 7's product activation just a week after the operating system made RTM and a week before it's slated to reach users, Microsoft confirmed today.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. took another step toward improving its standing against market leader Intel Corp. with last week's disclosure that PC makers plan to use its Athlon Neo chips in low-power desktop products soon.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's CEO just called the next wave in computing, and it's not VR
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Here's what the new Intel will look like
- As Intel shifts its focus to the Cloud, it commands its PC products to fight - or die
- Intel axes 12,000 jobs as it looks to break away from PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW