Opera Software, the Norwegian browser maker that sparked an antitrust investigation into Microsoft business practices in Europe, remains dissatisfied with its rival's move to dump IE8 from Windows 7.
Microsoft gave an update on Windows 7 this week, outlining a timeline for the release of the upcoming operating system to manufacturers. The company noted that you shouldn't "believe everything you read on the Internet" and proceeded to set the recor...
Business customers can start ordering Windows 7 beginning Sept. 1, slightly ahead of the general release of the OS the next month, Microsoft unveiled on Monday.
Microsoft will include a feature that lets people run applications in a Windows XP mode on Windows 7 to ensure that applications not designed for the forthcoming OS can run on it, a company executive said Monday.
Six in 10 companies plan to skip Microsoft's Windows 7, many of them because they've cut budgets and others because of compatibility worries, a survey released today said.
Intel appears ready to deliver, starting next month, new server, laptop and desktop processors based on its new microarchitecture, which offers improved performance.
Nearly six in 10 companies have no current plans to deploy Microsoft's latest operating system, Windows 7, due for release in October, according to a new survey.
Dell on Friday said it would consider testing Google's upcoming Chrome operating system, but didn't commit to offering the Linux-based OS in future products.
Microsoft's timing of Windows 7's launch is "fortuitous" because U.S. corporate PC buying plans are on the upswing for the first time in 18 months, a market research company said this week.
File this under: Don't believe everything you see.
Whether you prefer Linux, Windows, or Mac OS X, you can probably get almost everything you need done with your chosen OS. However, sometimes a task demands an OS that you are not currently using. That's where virtualization programs like Sun Microsys...
Google Inc. says its coming Linux-based Chrome operating system will "start up and get you onto the web in a few seconds."
With the Internet abuzz this week about Google's newly announced plan for its upcoming Chrome OS operating system, some analysts are wondering what exactly will set it apart from its popular -- and established -- rivals.
Google is already working with several companies to develop devices around the new Chrome OS, including Hewlett-Packard and Acer, the company said in a blog post late Wednesday.
Google's Chrome OS won't be an immediate threat to Windows, but it may force Microsoft to reinvent its operating system more quickly into a product that takes full advantage of the Web and can move more nimbly across devices and form factors, analyst...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW