Upcoming "universal" versions of Microsoft applications will run on PCs, tablets and small devices including smartphones, and will be different from the desktop version of Office.
Microsoft has given the first glimpse of Windows 10 on smartphones, including several ways that phone users can stay in sync with their PCs.
The artificial wall between Xbox players and PC gamers will get torn down with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10, which allows streaming of Xbox One games to PCs and even lets gamers on the two disparate platforms play together.
After kicking off our original look at Windows 10 with a bevy of business-friendly features, Microsoft drew back the curtain on the operating system's new consumer-focused features at an event on Wednesday, while simultaneously driving home a vision ...
Four months after pitching Windows 10 to businesses, Microsoft is focusing on consumers at an event where CEO Satya Nadella and other officials are pledging that the new OS offers individuals significant advances over Windows 8, its problematic prede...
Later this week, Microsoft is expected to reveal more details about Windows 10. But why wait for Microsoft’s announcement? Here’s what we think is coming.
As the Windows 10 release gets closer, excitement around the OS is growing among those waiting to close the curtain on Windows 8.
A cable connector is an odd thing to get excited about, but when it's something as ubiquitous as USB you can perhaps forgive people for getting a little worked up.
Intel's Core M processor promised a new wave of small-screen tablets. But at CES 2015, Intel hustled in the main event: the launch of the fifth-generation "Broadwell-U" Core processor for mainstream desktops and notebooks.
Samsung Australia has announced the release of its factory calibrated UD970 professional monitor.
Acer has posted the highest level of growth among top PC makers, recording double digit growth despite a 1.4 per cent overall decline.
Xbox One owners will be able to attach their Kinect motion sensors to Windows PCs and tablets thanks to a new adapter introduced by Microsoft.
Following revisions to Apple’s iPad range and 27in iMac is the Mac Mini, which was the beneficiary of processing updates and a new operating system.
Apple has updated its 27in iMac with upgraded internals, a 5K display and OS X Yosemite.
Apple’s range of iPads have received a refresh with the iPad Air 2 and the iPad Mini 3. The iPad Air 2 now claims the "world's thinnest tablet" title from Sony.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's CEO just called the next wave in computing, and it's not VR
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Here's what the new Intel will look like
- As Intel shifts its focus to the Cloud, it commands its PC products to fight - or die
- Intel axes 12,000 jobs as it looks to break away from PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW