Microsoft will drop Office 2004 for Mac from its support list in six months, the company confirmed Tuesday.
One of the most hated features of Windows Vista will be seen a third less often by users of the upcoming Windows 7, a Microsoft executive promised Monday.
Federal and state regulators have struck a deal with Microsoft that any version of Windows released after May 2011 will not be subject to the scrutiny mandated by a 2002 antitrust settlement.<br/>
Some of Dell's online outlet stores, where it sells refurbished PCs, were unable to process orders Saturday due to an apparent technical error.
Microsoft Thursday promised that it would provide at least one public beta to Office 2010, saying that its assertion to the contrary Wednesday was "the wrong impression."<br/>
Apple's Mac sales in the U.S. fell last quarter compared to the same period the year before, the first time the company has posted a year-to-year slide in six years, market research firm IDC said Thursday.
A new survey has found that the majority of IT staff don't plan to upgrade to Windows 7 in the next year, after Vista's failure to win hearts and minds. But even more concerning for Microsoft is that half are now considering an operating system from ...
Habits, once ingrained, are hard to break. Just ask any smoker -- or the 250 million people that have bought Microsoft Office.
PC shipments declined less than expected in the first quarter, propped up by consumers' continuing interest in low-cost netbooks, IDC said in a report Wednesday.
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Windows 2000 and the earliest versions of XP when it ships the follow-up to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, online discussions show.
As planned, Microsoft Corp. will drop Windows XP out of what it calls "mainstream support" Tuesday, the company confirmed Monday.
Microsoft Corp. announced Thursday that it will start pushing Office 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) to customers this month.
Microsoft Corp.'s claim that customers pay a US$3,400 "Apple Tax" when they buy Macs rather than Windows-based PCs is "silly" and "stupid," an analyst who follows Apple Inc. said Friday.
Microsoft acknowledged Monday that it has "broadened the options" for PC makers to continue offering the eight-year-old Windows XP as a downgrade from Vista, and potentially from the upcoming Windows 7.
Microsoft Corp. will provide free or discounted Windows 7 upgrades not only to users who buy Vista PCs between June 2009 and January 2010, but also to people who buy a system that's been factory-downgraded to Windows XP, according to a report on the ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCPerformance Test Lead- Load runner, SAP , Citrix ,HPQC ,QTPNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW