Pirated copies of the Windows 7 Release Candidate have leaked to file-sharing sites, according to several reports on the Internet and searches of BitTorrent trackers.
Dell has scrapped its return-to-base warranty services for on-premises support.
Security researchers demonstrated how to take control of a computer running Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system at the Hack In The Box Security Conference (HITB) in Dubai on Thursday.
Technology that changes how people give commands to computers could make touch-based PCs more popular and transform the traditional desktop into a "room computer" in coming years, a Microsoft executive said Wednesday.
Microsoft will drop Office 2004 for Mac from its support list in six months, the company confirmed Tuesday.
One of the most hated features of Windows Vista will be seen a third less often by users of the upcoming Windows 7, a Microsoft executive promised Monday.
Federal and state regulators have struck a deal with Microsoft that any version of Windows released after May 2011 will not be subject to the scrutiny mandated by a 2002 antitrust settlement.<br/>
Some of Dell's online outlet stores, where it sells refurbished PCs, were unable to process orders Saturday due to an apparent technical error.
Microsoft Thursday promised that it would provide at least one public beta to Office 2010, saying that its assertion to the contrary Wednesday was "the wrong impression."<br/>
Apple's Mac sales in the U.S. fell last quarter compared to the same period the year before, the first time the company has posted a year-to-year slide in six years, market research firm IDC said Thursday.
A new survey has found that the majority of IT staff don't plan to upgrade to Windows 7 in the next year, after Vista's failure to win hearts and minds. But even more concerning for Microsoft is that half are now considering an operating system from ...
Habits, once ingrained, are hard to break. Just ask any smoker -- or the 250 million people that have bought Microsoft Office.
PC shipments declined less than expected in the first quarter, propped up by consumers' continuing interest in low-cost netbooks, IDC said in a report Wednesday.
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Windows 2000 and the earliest versions of XP when it ships the follow-up to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, online discussions show.
As planned, Microsoft Corp. will drop Windows XP out of what it calls "mainstream support" Tuesday, the company confirmed Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to build a cheap but powerful gaming PC for $500
- Intel doubles down on Project Alloy as the savior of the PC
- With slick Omen PCs, HP makes a splash in high-end gaming
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW