A "clerical error" by Mozilla Corp. omitted one of the security patches that was supposed to be included in the Windows version of yesterday's Firefox 220.127.116.11 release, a company executive said today.
Only days after Google dropped the beta tag from its Chrome browser, the company issued an update that fixes more than 30 bugs.
Mozilla late Tuesday patched 13 bugs in Firefox, nearly half of them labeled "critical," as it closed support for the two-year-old Firefox 2.0 by releasing that version's final security update.
Google's Chrome and Apple's Safari browsers could do a better job of protecting passwords, according to a security researcher who released a study of browser password managers Friday.
Google Friday replaced Mozilla's Firefox with its own Chrome as the default browser in the English version of Google Pack, the search company's application bundle for Windows.
Google dropped the beta label from its three-month-old browser today, saying that Chrome is ready for prime time.
Window Snyder, the head of security at Mozilla Corp., will resign her position at the end of the year, she said in a <a href="http://blog.mozilla.com/security/2008/12/10/leaving-mozilla/">blog post</a> Wednesday.
Three months after its release, Google appears ready to take its Chrome Web browser out of beta.
Mozilla will drop anti-phishing protection from the final version of Firefox 2.0 at Google's request when Mozilla updates the browser later this month, a company executive confirmed Thursday.
Researchers at BitDefender have discovered a new type of malicious software that collects passwords for banking sites but targets only Firefox users.
Microsoft this week is proceeding with an update to Windows Vista and Windows Server, making available a beta-level service pack featuring capabilities for virtualisation and power savings.
More than 98% of Windows computers harbor at least one unpatched application, and nearly half contain 11 or more programs at risk from attack, a Danish security company said Wednesday.
Mozilla will take another stab this week at convincing users running older versions of its Firefox browser to update to version 3.0, the company said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC