Mozilla has released Firefox 3.1 Beta 1, the first preview meant for the general public, but disabled one of its most-touted improvements.
Microsoft has announced that the code name for its next operating system, Windows 7, will be the product's official name.
Microsoft plans to improve the much-maligned user account control (UAC) feature in the next version of its Windows client OS, acknowledging that the new security feature it built into Windows Vista has caused unnecessary problems for users.
Mozilla will use a several-week delay it recently added to the Firefox 3.1 schedule to build a private browsing mode and beef up the browser's address bar, the company said yesterday. Three weeks ago, the company said it would insert four to five mor...
Mozilla has released an add-on to Firefox that enables the browser to automatically pinpoint a user's location by communicating with Wi-Fi signals so Web sites can provide customized content to users.
Lawyers in the "Windows Vista Capable" class-action lawsuit against Microsoft have asked a federal judge to force the company to use its Windows Update service to notify potential class members, court documents filed Thursday revealed.
The only thing CEO Steve Ballmer knew about Microsoft's Windows Vista Capable marketing campaign was what he was told by subordinates, and he should not have to testify in the class-action lawsuit that accuses the firm of deceiving customers, the com...
Apple's Mac OS X market share has passed the 8 percent mark for the first time, a research company reported Wednesday.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) continued to lose market share in September, Google's Chrome stabilized at under 1 percent and more than half of Firefox 2.0 users accepted an offer to update to Version 3.0, a Web metrics firm said Wednesday.
Mozilla beat its own schedule by patching Firefox late Friday to fix a password bug it had inadvertently introduced earlier in the week.
Mozilla developers are rushing out a new release of their Firefox browser to fix a bug that has been preventing some Web surfers from using saved passwords this week.
Microsoft Wednesday squelched speculation on when the public would get its hands on Windows 7 code by confirming that attendees at its Professional Developers Conference would receive a pre-beta version.
Chrome's share of the browser market is fading as users who abandoned Internet Explorer and Firefox start to return, an Internet measurement company said Tuesday.
The long, oft-baffling "teaser" ads" by Microsoft featuring Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates that kicked off two weeks ago are abruptly ending, the company said late Wednesday, as part two of its US$300 million Windows marketing rehab campaign begins.
Microsoft yesterday released 21 additional versions of its Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) Beta 2, including editions in Czech, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish and other languages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
- 5 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Skylake chips to appear in tablets, PCs, servers
- Lenovo vows to stop shipping PCs with third-party bloatware after Superfish fiasco
- Cortana's UI now expresses 18 different emotions. Siri remains detached and aloof
- New Vivaldi browser aims to win over power users
- New Medion products on sale this Australia Day weekend
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW