Microsoft has released the first public beta of a tool that solves one of the chief complaints businesses have with Windows Vista: that older Windows applications aren't compatible with the new OS.
Mozilla said Tuesday that it will delay the third beta of Firefox 3.1, citing a "large number" of remaining bugs as the reason for the slip.
Microsoft kept things to a minimum with its first set of security updates for 2009, but corporate system administrators who were expecting a quiet week got something else altogether, thanks to Oracle and Research In Motion.
Microsoft on Saturday ditched the download limit on Windows 7 beta, saying that users will be able to grab the preview through January 24 -- even if the total exceeds the 2.5 million cap it had set earlier.
Two video connectors can be found on nearly every PC, monitor or graphics card in use today. Developed 21 years ago by IBM, the analog VGA (Video Graphics Array) clings on, despite the rise of the (DVI) Digital Visual Interface, which is tailored for...
Microsoft made the Windows 7 beta available for public download Saturday after its servers were overwhelmed by users trying to download the operating system.
Google said last week that its Chrome browser would be in a "never-ending" beta test, and gave users three options to update their copies at varying intervals.
Good news: the next version of Microsoft's Windows OS appears to be less of a resource hog than Windows Vista.
The rumors turned out to be true. Microsoft will release a public beta this week of its next desktop operating system, Windows 7, hoping it will address the problems that have made Windows Vista perhaps the least popular OS in its history.
Microsoft Corp. will offer free or discounted Windows 7 upgrades to users who buy <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/action/inform.do?command=search&searchTerms=Microsoft+Windows+Vista">Vista</a> PCs after July 1, according to a Web site that ...
Attendees of the International Conference on Cyber Security 2009 in New York Tuesday were reminded of the shortcomings of Windows Vista a day before Microsoft is expected to reveal the first beta for its follow-up, Windows 7.
Web sites saw visitors deserting Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser in favor of Apple's Safari, Mozilla's Firefox and Google's Chrome in December, according to Web analytics company Net Applications.
Windows lost nearly a full percentage point of market share for the second month in a row in December, pushing Microsoft's operating system to a new low, an Internet measurement company reported yesterday.
Google is pushing users of its Gmail e-mail service to dump Microsoft's Internet Explorer for its own Chrome browser or Mozilla's Firefox.
Downloads of a new build of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system have soared in the past two days, with thousands of systems now pulling pirated copies from BitTorrent sites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
- How to build a cheap but powerful gaming PC for $500
- Intel doubles down on Project Alloy as the savior of the PC
- With slick Omen PCs, HP makes a splash in high-end gaming
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC