Microsoft is putting the Windows client OS on a diet as a way to bring the PC OS into the age of cloud computing.
Recent sales numbers for Windows Vista paint a somewhat dreary picture for the OS as consumers and enterprises try to save dollars in an economic downturn.
For most of Microsoft's history, it designed software the same way Detroit built cars during its mid-century heyday. Adding features was like building a bigger engine and longer tailfins. What could be finer? It may not be entirely coincidence that M...
Microsoft's plans to change a controversial security feature in Windows 7 are only cosmetic, nothing more than "lipstick on UAC," a developer of enterprise rights management tools said Wednesday.
Hours before Microsoft executives trotted out Windows 7 at the company's developer conference, officials leaked some details about the impending alpha edition on Microsoft's own Web site.
Microsoft on Tuesday for the first time publicly demonstrated Windows 7, the next major release of its OS for PCs that Microsoft insists will reflect lessons learned from the widely panned Windows Vista.
Microsoft Tuesday said that it would expand testing of Windows 7 to the general public in early 2009.
Microsoft will distribute the second service pack for Windows Vista to a small group of beta testers on Wednesday, the company said Friday.
Microsoft's quarterly call with Wall Street on Thursday told the tale of two software franchises and their diverging financial fortunes.
Microsoft may release Windows 7 as early as next November, bloggers speculated Wednesday, pointing to postings on the company's own Web site and comments made by the CEO of Asus, the company that makes the popular Eee PC line of netbooks.
Google has patched its Chrome browser to block a months-old bug that can be used to trick people into downloading and launching malicious code.
Software counterfeiters pass on Windows Vista and instead prefer to pirate Windows XP, a Microsoft attorney said Tuesday, outlining a practice that tracks with the leanings of many of the company's customers.
Microsoft will begin beta testing the next service pack update for Windows Vista within weeks, according to a Windows enthusiast Web site.
Windows 7 will be like Windows Vista, but more so, Microsoft Corp. CEO Steve Ballmer said today as he defended the first two years of Vista and claimed its successor will be a major release.
Mozilla plans to release on Thursday an alpha version of its mobile browser today for Nokia's Internet tablets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia hits gaming milestone: True desktop performance in a laptop with GeForce GTX 980
- 3D scanning Sprout by HP computer provides tactile immersion for only $4,598
- Raspberry Pi gets its first official touchscreen display
- PC gaming flourishes at IFA as PC makers seek higher profits
- Lenovo debuts a dozen PCs with Skylake, from ThinkCentre Tiny to huge AiOs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW