Mozilla has released Firefox 3.1 Beta 1, the first preview meant for the general public, but disabled one of its most-touted improvements.
Microsoft has announced that the code name for its next operating system, Windows 7, will be the product's official name.
Microsoft plans to improve the much-maligned user account control (UAC) feature in the next version of its Windows client OS, acknowledging that the new security feature it built into Windows Vista has caused unnecessary problems for users.
Mozilla will use a several-week delay it recently added to the Firefox 3.1 schedule to build a private browsing mode and beef up the browser's address bar, the company said yesterday. Three weeks ago, the company said it would insert four to five mor...
Mozilla has released an add-on to Firefox that enables the browser to automatically pinpoint a user's location by communicating with Wi-Fi signals so Web sites can provide customized content to users.
Lawyers in the "Windows Vista Capable" class-action lawsuit against Microsoft have asked a federal judge to force the company to use its Windows Update service to notify potential class members, court documents filed Thursday revealed.
The only thing CEO Steve Ballmer knew about Microsoft's Windows Vista Capable marketing campaign was what he was told by subordinates, and he should not have to testify in the class-action lawsuit that accuses the firm of deceiving customers, the com...
Apple's Mac OS X market share has passed the 8 percent mark for the first time, a research company reported Wednesday.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) continued to lose market share in September, Google's Chrome stabilized at under 1 percent and more than half of Firefox 2.0 users accepted an offer to update to Version 3.0, a Web metrics firm said Wednesday.
Mozilla beat its own schedule by patching Firefox late Friday to fix a password bug it had inadvertently introduced earlier in the week.
Mozilla developers are rushing out a new release of their Firefox browser to fix a bug that has been preventing some Web surfers from using saved passwords this week.
Microsoft Wednesday squelched speculation on when the public would get its hands on Windows 7 code by confirming that attendees at its Professional Developers Conference would receive a pre-beta version.
Chrome's share of the browser market is fading as users who abandoned Internet Explorer and Firefox start to return, an Internet measurement company said Tuesday.
The long, oft-baffling "teaser" ads" by Microsoft featuring Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates that kicked off two weeks ago are abruptly ending, the company said late Wednesday, as part two of its US$300 million Windows marketing rehab campaign begins.
Microsoft yesterday released 21 additional versions of its Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) Beta 2, including editions in Czech, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish and other languages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Skylake chips to appear in tablets, PCs, servers
- Lenovo vows to stop shipping PCs with third-party bloatware after Superfish fiasco
- Cortana's UI now expresses 18 different emotions. Siri remains detached and aloof
- New Vivaldi browser aims to win over power users
- New Medion products on sale this Australia Day weekend
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW