Two video connectors can be found on nearly every PC, monitor or graphics card in use today. Developed 21 years ago by IBM, the analog VGA (Video Graphics Array) clings on, despite the rise of the (DVI) Digital Visual Interface, which is tailored for...
Microsoft made the Windows 7 beta available for public download Saturday after its servers were overwhelmed by users trying to download the operating system.
Google said last week that its Chrome browser would be in a "never-ending" beta test, and gave users three options to update their copies at varying intervals.
Good news: the next version of Microsoft's Windows OS appears to be less of a resource hog than Windows Vista.
The rumors turned out to be true. Microsoft will release a public beta this week of its next desktop operating system, Windows 7, hoping it will address the problems that have made Windows Vista perhaps the least popular OS in its history.
Microsoft Corp. will offer free or discounted Windows 7 upgrades to users who buy <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/action/inform.do?command=search&searchTerms=Microsoft+Windows+Vista">Vista</a> PCs after July 1, according to a Web site that ...
Attendees of the International Conference on Cyber Security 2009 in New York Tuesday were reminded of the shortcomings of Windows Vista a day before Microsoft is expected to reveal the first beta for its follow-up, Windows 7.
Web sites saw visitors deserting Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser in favor of Apple's Safari, Mozilla's Firefox and Google's Chrome in December, according to Web analytics company Net Applications.
Windows lost nearly a full percentage point of market share for the second month in a row in December, pushing Microsoft's operating system to a new low, an Internet measurement company reported yesterday.
Google is pushing users of its Gmail e-mail service to dump Microsoft's Internet Explorer for its own Chrome browser or Mozilla's Firefox.
Downloads of a new build of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system have soared in the past two days, with thousands of systems now pulling pirated copies from BitTorrent sites.
Attendees at next month's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) could get the first public look at Windows 7, the next version of Microsoft's client OS.
Pirated copies of a Windows 7 build pegged by many as the beta Microsoft will release next month have leaked to the Internet, according to searches at several BitTorrent sites.
Fewer than 60% of European Web users run Microsoft's Internet Explorer, a French-based metrics company reported yesterday, while more than 31% have switched to Mozilla's Firefox.
Mozilla issued a final update to Firefox 2.0, making good on a promise earlier last week when it forgot to include a patch in the Windows version of the browser.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel doubles down on Project Alloy as the savior of the PC
- With slick Omen PCs, HP makes a splash in high-end gaming
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia