Although the beta of Windows 7 quickly grabbed one-tenth of 1% of the operating system market share last month, Microsoft's OS continued its downward trend, a Web measurement company reported Sunday.
Desktop PCs - News
Microsoft is warning customers that tools for blocking automatic upgrades to the newest service packs of Windows Vista and Windows XP will expire in the coming months.
The head of Microsoft's Windows development confirmed Friday that Windows 7 will take the unusual path of moving straight from a single beta, which was launched earlier this month, to a release candidate.
A change that Microsoft made in Windows 7 to improve its controversial User Account Control security feature has left the new OS less secure, according to a blogger who follows Microsoft closely.
Windows Me may not have had much going for it, but it has one claim to fame: it was the last major release of Windows to come in a single edition, or SKU.
A Windows enthusiast is calling for Microsoft to release Windows 7 now, only a few weeks after the company made available the software's first public test version.
Microsoft has delivered a preliminary release candidate for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to testers and is again on track to offer another public preview next month, according to several reports on the Web.
New Microsoft technology designed to protect Internet Explorer users from a powerful new Web-based attack will not fix the problem, security experts said Tuesday.
Technical advisers to the antitrust regulators who monitor Microsoft's compliance with a 2002 antitrust settlement will test Windows 7 "more thoroughly" than earlier versions of the operating system, according to a recently-released status report fil...
Microsoft has again warned users of Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) that they may not be able to uninstall either the service pack or Internet Explorer 8 (IE8).
Microsoft has extended the general availability of the Windows 7 beta until Feb. 10 due to the software's popularity, the company said.
As expected, Microsoft Monday launched a release candidate of Internet Explorer 8, the first update to the browser since last August.
Protection against malicious Web attacks and tweaks to a feature that lets users browse the Internet privately are among updates Internet Explorer users can test in the first release candidate for IE8, which Microsoft made available Monday.
Mozilla Labs, the research arm of Mozilla, wants 1% of Firefox users to allow it to watch how they use the browser -- and the Web in general.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
- Microsoft Surface Studio teardown reveals Intel and ARM chips inside
- You wear Zotac's new gaming PC on your back
- This may be the most expensive 'free' computer you've ever seen
- This jaw-dropping all-AMD custom gaming PC looks like an M134 minigun
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC