These dumb bulbs are perfect for smart lighting.
Desktop PCs - Reviews
The Alpha R2 is an updated version that packs in a ton more performance. Unfortunately, this new gen isn’t nearly as affordable as the original was.
Australia is being hit with price hike of hundreds of dollars. It's not as bad as the ridiculous 241% increase that Dell foisted upon us recently, but we're a bit sick of it. Is the Thinkcentre X1 still worth buying though?
So you’ve got a nice big, HD (or even 4K Ultra HD) TV in your living room. You’re not a peasant so there’s no gaming console present, but now you’re faced with the age old question of how to operate a keyboard and mouse on your sofa. Normally this ...
Different people prefer different keyboards so to some extent rating them is like rating art. Nonetheless, grouping them together for a test is very useful because what specs suggest can be very different to what happens in reality.
It might not be the one gaming tower to rule them all, but with a 10-core CPU, two Nvidia GTX 1080 cards in SLI, and slick custom liquid-cooling, the Aventum 3 is still an impressive display of might.
The Raspberry Pi 3's subtle improvements add up to a major usability and performance upgrade.
The Asus Zen AiO Z240IC comes impressively close to mathcing the iMac's elegance
While Medion isn't a tech brand name that swings up there with the likes of Apple, Dell or Toshiba, it's a brand that's always delivered the same kind of value story over the years, especially when it comes to desktop PCs. You're not paying top doll...
The transition of the iMac into the Retina display era is now complete—and worth upgrading to.
The use cases for an Intel NUC can vary greatly. Whether you’re looking to kit out a new office or a classroom, or simply want a small PC that can be used in the home, the Next Unit of Computing (NUC), as it’s called, can be used for all manner of sc...
Apple's Mac Mini has a low $619 price, is unobtrusively styled and proves versatile in that it can be used as an everyday computer or a sophisticated media player.
Apple has squeezed a 5K display into the same confines of its current iMac and has managed to do so without blowing out the price.
Google’s Chrome OS makes an appearance in LG’s Chromebase, which is an all-in-one desktop computer that’s designed to run the simple, mostly cloud-enhanced operating system. It’s a good looking unit with a screen size of 22 inches, and since it runs ...
The Kone series of mice fall in the upper range of Roccat’s product portfolio, and variations include the regular Kone Pure, the Kone Pure Colour, and the Kone Pure Optical. For this review, we’ll look at the basic version of Kone Pure, which lacks t...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
- Microsoft Surface Studio teardown reveals Intel and ARM chips inside
- You wear Zotac's new gaming PC on your back
- This may be the most expensive 'free' computer you've ever seen
- This jaw-dropping all-AMD custom gaming PC looks like an M134 minigun
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- TPProject Manager - Documentation DevelopmentQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW