Intel's Next Unit of Computing, or NUC for short, is now available in a fourth-generation Intel Core model (the D54250WYK), which gives it better performance and efficiency characteristics than the third-generation model that we reviewed two years ag...
HP's Z230 workstation is aimed at those of you who need a high-end PC on which to run advanced applications and workloads. In other words, it's a PC that you use to make money. It features an Intel Xeon CPU rather than a consumer-based Intel Core CPU...
AMD doesn’t get much of a run in today’s desktop PCs and notebooks, but you’ll be able to find an AMD-based PC on sale at Aldi on 24 August. It will be in the shape of Medion’s Akoya P4400 (MD 8374) desktop PC, which is designed to be a bit of a medi...
ASUS is a company that's big on innovation, and it has occasionally hit the mark with products such as the netbook, for example. But the company's ability to create interesting products doesn't always translate into products that are practical. With ...
Sony has been one of few companies to throw itself whole-heartedly into the possibilities offered by Windows 8. It’s got a range of touchscreen Ultrabooks and the Microsoft Surface-challenging VAIO Duo 11 slider, all of which are designed to make the...
Medion's designers have come up with a fresh new look for the company's inexpensive desktop PCs, going for an angled front panel that supplies a hint of attitude. It's a look that's welcomed compared to the standard box shape of previous Medion machi...
The latest Apple iMac comes with some trade offs, but remains one of the best all-round desktop computers on the market.
Dell’s all-in-one PC line-up has matured significantly in the last few years. Look at the Studio One 19 from 2009, and compare it to 2012’s XPS One 27, and you’ll see how much has changed.
Medion is out of the gate quickly in 2013 with an all-in-one PC that looks a little flashier than what we've come to expect from the German brand.
Intel's Next Unit of Computing, or NUC, is a tiny computer that showcases Intel's ability to make small, interesting and useful computers. It's a unit that is only 117mm wide, 112mm deep and 40mm tall, and it can be used in a wide variety of applicat...
Many years ago, if you were to buy a Dell XPS desktop PC, you'd get something that was behemoth-like in its structure, and one of the first things you wanted to do was open it up to see all the beautiful little bits that made it go so fast. These day...
Neatness and convenience are perhaps the best features of all-in-one PCs, which don't require much effort to set up and use, and they can be placed in relatively small abodes and offices -- even big 27in models such as this Acer Aspire U Series (7600...
It didn't even rate its own press release in Apple's end-of-year refresh for its notebooks, desktops and tablets, but the Mac mini deserves some attention: it gets the same Ivy Bridge processor refresh and Fusion Drive storage tech that went into the...
Apple has never had as much love for its desktop computers as it has for MacBooks, iPhones and iPads, but its venerable iMac has had an overall update, including changes to the screen, chassis, processing and storage hardware.
Medion's MD8369 PC will be going on sale at Aldi supermarkets on 25 August. It's a basic PC that runs one of AMD's latest Trinity-based A8-5500 APUs, and it has enough speed and RAM (4GB) to tackle Web browsing, office document creation, photo editin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Asus PCs running Windows 7 slam into boot failure after recommended patch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia