Many years ago, if you were to buy a Dell XPS desktop PC, you'd get something that was behemoth-like in its structure, and one of the first things you wanted to do was open it up to see all the beautiful little bits that made it go so fast. These day...
Desktop PCs - Reviews
Neatness and convenience are perhaps the best features of all-in-one PCs, which don't require much effort to set up and use, and they can be placed in relatively small abodes and offices -- even big 27in models such as this Acer Aspire U Series (7600...
It didn't even rate its own press release in Apple's end-of-year refresh for its notebooks, desktops and tablets, but the Mac mini deserves some attention: it gets the same Ivy Bridge processor refresh and Fusion Drive storage tech that went into the...
Apple has never had as much love for its desktop computers as it has for MacBooks, iPhones and iPads, but its venerable iMac has had an overall update, including changes to the screen, chassis, processing and storage hardware.
Medion's MD8369 PC will be going on sale at Aldi supermarkets on 25 August. It's a basic PC that runs one of AMD's latest Trinity-based A8-5500 APUs, and it has enough speed and RAM (4GB) to tackle Web browsing, office document creation, photo editin...
The Sony VAIO L Series is the company’s only desktop PC. It’s a 24in all-in-one, with a Full HD screen that supports glasses-free 3D. A third-generation Intel Core i7 means plenty of grunt, and the VAIO L has a big hard drive and plenty of ports.
Fujitsu only entered the Australian desktop PC market last November, aiming to offer more diversity through different form factors and styles. One of the most interesting desktops that the company has brought to market is the Esprimo Q900, which is a...
The HP Z1 workstation is one of those products that people immediately want when they first see it. It's a 27in all-in-one PC that has two important features: a high-end, workstation-class configuration, and a design that makes it very easy to servic...
Dell's XPS One 27 (2710) is one of the most elegant and interesting all-in-one PCs we've seen in a while. It's not one of those fancy touchscreen-enabled PCs that can leave you wondering what to do with it; instead, it's a 27in screen with a stack of...
The new HP Z1 Workstation is the most attractive, most powerful, and most expensive all-in-one PC I've ever seen. And that isn't an exaggeration: This all-in-one workstation, the first of its kind, has a gorgeous 27-inch edge-to-edge glass screen, pa...
Acer's Aspire Z5771 all-in-one desktop PC is part of a vendor trend suggesting that users want these types of systems in their homes. Far from a conventional PC, the Z5771 features a resistive 23in, Full HD touchscreen in addition to regular keyboard...
The HP Omni27 is an all-in-one PC that, rather refreshingly, doesn’t have a touchscreen. We know the comparison is probably hackneyed, but in many specifications it’s very similar to the 27in Apple iMac; we think that if you’re looking for an iMac wi...
The Alienware X51 is a slim tower PC that flies under the radar compared to most gaming PCs on the market -- including Alienware's own Aurora machines. It's designed to appeal to users who want something simple and effective, and for users who don't ...
The Medion Akoya E4055 is a small desktop PC with a basic configuration that's designed for everyday tasks. It features an AMD A8-3820 APU (accelerated processing unit), which also includes a built-in AMD Radeon HD 6550D graphics adapter.
The Alienware Aurora represents a massive investment for a pre-built desktop PC, but it's an investment that should provide a solid computing foundation for at least the next three or four years (if not more).
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
- Microsoft Surface Studio teardown reveals Intel and ARM chips inside
- You wear Zotac's new gaming PC on your back
- This may be the most expensive 'free' computer you've ever seen
- This jaw-dropping all-AMD custom gaming PC looks like an M134 minigun
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT