The Dell Inspiron 580s is a mid-range multipurpose desktop PC that's in direct competition with Apple's low-end Mac Mini computer. The Inspiron 580s has the same price tag as the Mac Mini and comparable specifications. It's larger than the Mini, but ...
Desktop PCs - Reviews
The HP Pro 3130 (WL831PA) is a desktop business PC that's small, quiet and simple, but lacks the grunt to tackle intensive tasks like video editing or graphics work. If all you need is a Web browsing and word processing machine then it will be up to ...
With prices starting around $2000 and reaching up to $7000, the performance PC category offers a wide range of speed and versatility, for most higher budgets. At just under US$3600, the midsize-tower variant of the Origin Genesis sits in the middle o...
Origin is a newcomer to the boutique PC vendor field -- sort of. Though the company is relatively young, it's manned by former Alienware bigwigs who thoroughly understand high-end PCs. And when the Origin Genesis arrived at the US PCWorld Labs in a 1...
Apple has updated its range of iMac desktop computers, with faster processors and better graphics the order of the day. The new iMac looks virtually identical to its predecessors, but the internal upgrades will keep most users happy -- though HDMI co...
HP touts its TouchSmart 9100 all-in-one touchscreen PC as being suitable for business users, rather than the home market. What we can glean from this is that the HP TouchSmart 9100 Business PC (WM112PA) can be used to give much more interactive and e...
Lenovo's ThinkCentre M90z is a 23in, all-in-one multi-touch touchscreen PC that's aimed at enterprise business users (unlike HP's TouchSmart PCs which are designed for home users). It doesn't look fancy, nor does it have a customised touchscreen inte...
The latest version of Apple's tiny PC -- the aptly named Mac Mini -- adds a much-requested HDMI connection, an aluminium, unibody enclosure and a removable panel that lets you upgrade its memory. The Mac Mini is a great option for a living room compu...
The Dell Studio XPS 8100 is a mid-range, all-purpose PC aimed at home users. It has a Core i5-650 processor, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, 1TB of hard drive space and an NVIDIA GTS 240 graphics card as standard. Dell's site allows you to customise the system's sp...
The Dell Precision T1500 is an Intel Core i7-based workstation aimed at professionals who use computer-aided design programs. You can get the T1500 in all sorts of configurations, ranging from an Intel Core i3-based system to a Core i7 one. Our revie...
The Medion AKOYA P4020 D is an all-in-one PC with a 21.5in Full HD 1080p touchscreen display. It will be sold in Aldi supermarkets from 10 June. Like the Dell Inspiron One 19 and HP TouchSmart 300-1060a, the AKOYA P4020 D has built-in wireless networ...
The Dell Vostro 320 is an all-in-one PC aimed at the business market. Our test PC had a dual-core Pentium Core 2 Duo E7400 processor running at 2.8GHz, 2GB of DDR2 memory, a 160GB hard drive and integrated Intel G41 graphics running its 19in 1440x900...
HP's Compaq 8100 Elite is a small form factor (SFF) PC aimed at business users who need to do more than just word processing and e-mail. There are plenty of connections and it has a well-designed interior that makes it an easy desktop PC to maintain ...
With an asking price of $799 (sans monitor), Medion's Akoya E4360 D desktop PC, which will be sold at Aldi supermarkets, is testament to the fact that you don’t have to spend big these days in order to get a computer that can do just about everything...
The HP Pavilion Slimline S5380a desktop PC is small and well-priced, though it doesn't come with a monitor. It's equipped with a mid-range Core i3 processor, which is more than enough for homework and even some light video editing, while its graphics...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's revenue soars with help from the PC group
- Consumer PCs: Ailing, but not dead yet
- Meet Pixel, a gorgeous, much-needed visual overhaul for Raspberry Pi's main distro
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity Architect (Identity Access Management) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCWebpage DesignerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTInformation Security AdvisorNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia