Later this week, Microsoft is expected to reveal more details about Windows 10. But why wait for Microsoft’s announcement? Here’s what we think is coming.
EB Games Australia's annual expo is in Sydney's Olympic Park from October 3 to 5. The three-day event (which is scheduled to coincide with the school holidays) hosts game developers and publishers, alongside manufacturers, each claiming their stake across the giant Dome; there's consoles, PCs, accessories, toys, collectibles, cosplay, DJs, robot wars, and of course, a wide array of big titles, and hands-on preview sessions of yet-to-be-launched games for those willing to brave the lines.
From 7-in-1s to table-size AIOs, they're anything but conventional.
These apps will help you work with files of all types -- as well as back them up and keep them secure.
Over the last three decades, the Mac has morphed and evolved into a dizzying array of form factors. While some models quickly came and went, others became iconic machines in their own right. So, in honor of the Mac's 30th birthday on 24 January, here is a look back at the more influential, significant, and notable Mac machines released over the last 30 years.
As we continued our journey through the main hall at Computex, we took a good look at Acer's R7 tablet-convertible laptop, along with some interesting motherboards from ASRock, and stacks of products from ASUS.
Computex has just gotten under way in Taipei. It's a show that continues to offer a unique mix of interesting tech displays, epic booths, tacky booths and, of course, lots of female models. Some vendors exploit the last part as much as they can in a bid to attract the crowd to their stand, and one thing's for sure: just walking around Computex, it's difficult not to feel sleazy.
An update to Windows 8 is in the works, codenamed Windows Blue.
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
Microsoft’s new metro-style Start screen is getting all the buzz, but for IT administrators there are many new network-related features and changes in both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 to be aware of.
15 Products Google Has Killed
Tech companies are out in force at CeBIT Australia 2012, showing off everything from desktops and laptops to printers, storage and networking products.
Nano-transistors powering big gains in power, efficiency
HP has released what it claims to be the world's first all-in-one workstation PC, the Z1 Workstation. It has a 27in IPS panel with 10-bit colour support and a native resolution of 2560x1440 pixels, making it perfect for graphics professions. Behind the screen is where all the compute power sits, and it can be customised depending on your needs.
From 1970s minicomputers used for military programs (including nuclear weapons) to an IBM punch-card system still keeping the books at a Texas filter supplier, these are the computers that time forgot.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Asus PCs running Windows 7 slam into boot failure after recommended patch
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- Top 7 ways to create a successful data science team
- Google's CEO just called the next wave in computing, and it's not VR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC