Later this week, Microsoft is expected to reveal more details about Windows 10. But why wait for Microsoft’s announcement? Here’s what we think is coming.
EB Games Australia's annual expo is in Sydney's Olympic Park from October 3 to 5. The three-day event (which is scheduled to coincide with the school holidays) hosts game developers and publishers, alongside manufacturers, each claiming their stake across the giant Dome; there's consoles, PCs, accessories, toys, collectibles, cosplay, DJs, robot wars, and of course, a wide array of big titles, and hands-on preview sessions of yet-to-be-launched games for those willing to brave the lines.
From 7-in-1s to table-size AIOs, they're anything but conventional.
These apps will help you work with files of all types -- as well as back them up and keep them secure.
Over the last three decades, the Mac has morphed and evolved into a dizzying array of form factors. While some models quickly came and went, others became iconic machines in their own right. So, in honor of the Mac's 30th birthday on 24 January, here is a look back at the more influential, significant, and notable Mac machines released over the last 30 years.
As we continued our journey through the main hall at Computex, we took a good look at Acer's R7 tablet-convertible laptop, along with some interesting motherboards from ASRock, and stacks of products from ASUS.
Computex has just gotten under way in Taipei. It's a show that continues to offer a unique mix of interesting tech displays, epic booths, tacky booths and, of course, lots of female models. Some vendors exploit the last part as much as they can in a bid to attract the crowd to their stand, and one thing's for sure: just walking around Computex, it's difficult not to feel sleazy.
An update to Windows 8 is in the works, codenamed Windows Blue.
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
Microsoft’s new metro-style Start screen is getting all the buzz, but for IT administrators there are many new network-related features and changes in both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 to be aware of.
15 Products Google Has Killed
Tech companies are out in force at CeBIT Australia 2012, showing off everything from desktops and laptops to printers, storage and networking products.
Nano-transistors powering big gains in power, efficiency
HP has released what it claims to be the world's first all-in-one workstation PC, the Z1 Workstation. It has a 27in IPS panel with 10-bit colour support and a native resolution of 2560x1440 pixels, making it perfect for graphics professions. Behind the screen is where all the compute power sits, and it can be customised depending on your needs.
From 1970s minicomputers used for military programs (including nuclear weapons) to an IBM punch-card system still keeping the books at a Texas filter supplier, these are the computers that time forgot.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to build a cheap but powerful gaming PC for $500
- Intel doubles down on Project Alloy as the savior of the PC
- With slick Omen PCs, HP makes a splash in high-end gaming
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW