Steve Jobs once said that Microsoft stole Windows from Apple, but there has been plenty of idea snatching on both sides over the years. Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard each contain features that originated in the other OS. Some features were stolen so long ago that they've become part of the computing landscape, and it's difficult to remember who invented what. Here we give credit to Microsoft where credit is due.
Pick up some great bargains.
Best deals of the week: 26 February
Check out some of the great tech bargains we've rounded up.
Microsoft today officially announced the availability of its Surface multitouch table in Australia.
Check out some great back-to-school desktop PC bargains.
Intel yesterday had a fancy launch for its Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs. With over a dozen vendors on hand to showcase their latest laptops, PCs and more, the event was the largest we've seen in some time and there was a suitably large crowd on hand to take it all in.
The Adult Entertainment Expo, sponsored by industry publication Adult Video News, takes place every January in Las Vegas at the same time as the Consumer Electronics Show. Like CES it featured hi-tech gadgets aplenty, but targeted to a more niche market
A rechargeable tote back, a smartphone bracelet, snow goggles with an integrated digital camera to record your triumphs and tragedies, and more
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
Toshiba plans to release Transformers accessories
Great deals whether you're back at work or getting ready for school
Microsoft put eye-catching hardware on when it launched Windows 7. From netbooks and ultrathins to standard-size laptops and All-in-One touchscreen PCs, here's a closer look at some of the shiniest new Windows 7 machines.
2009 was a blockbuster year financially for Apple but delivered some blows including a serious health problem for the company's beloved leader, Steve Jobs, attack from clone makers, and trouble with Google. We offer the Top 10 biggest stories for Apple in 2009.
Stocking stuffers and great gift ideas for young and old this Christmas
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC