BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone, Garmin nuvi 225W GPS, Medion Akoya E4360 D desktop PC from ALDI, and more!
Steve Jobs once said that Microsoft stole Windows from Apple, but there has been plenty of idea snatching on both sides over the years. Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard each contain features that originated in the other OS. Some features were stolen so long ago that they've become part of the computing landscape, and it's difficult to remember who invented what. Here we give credit to Microsoft where credit is due.
Pick up some great bargains.
Best deals of the week: 26 February
Check out some of the great tech bargains we've rounded up.
Microsoft today officially announced the availability of its Surface multitouch table in Australia.
Check out some great back-to-school desktop PC bargains.
Intel yesterday had a fancy launch for its Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs. With over a dozen vendors on hand to showcase their latest laptops, PCs and more, the event was the largest we've seen in some time and there was a suitably large crowd on hand to take it all in.
A rechargeable tote back, a smartphone bracelet, snow goggles with an integrated digital camera to record your triumphs and tragedies, and more
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
Toshiba plans to release Transformers accessories
Great deals whether you're back at work or getting ready for school
Microsoft put eye-catching hardware on when it launched Windows 7. From netbooks and ultrathins to standard-size laptops and All-in-One touchscreen PCs, here's a closer look at some of the shiniest new Windows 7 machines.
2009 was a blockbuster year financially for Apple but delivered some blows including a serious health problem for the company's beloved leader, Steve Jobs, attack from clone makers, and trouble with Google. We offer the Top 10 biggest stories for Apple in 2009.
Stocking stuffers and great gift ideas for young and old this Christmas
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTData AnalystACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC