There's a special place reserved for the stalwart hardware that many of us have depended on day after day, year after year. Or at least, we believe there should be a special place.
Without a doubt, the desktop PC is falling out of favor as the world gravitates to equally powerful laptops and ultraportables. But some people out there will never turn in their towers of power
For many computer users, Apple has defined the personal computer industry, driven technology innovation, and changed the perception of personal computing.
We look at some of the changes Microsoft has made to Windows 7 since the Beta's release in January
Keyboards without keys, a vertical keyboard with mirrors on the side so you can see your fingers, and keyboards on which you type on the back: Get ready for some wacky input devices.
Would you like that in small, medium or large?
If you love Firefox, you'll love these extensions!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Asus PCs running Windows 7 slam into boot failure after recommended patch
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- Top 7 ways to create a successful data science team
- Google's CEO just called the next wave in computing, and it's not VR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW