I'm kind of a spelling snob. I take pains to make sure I spell everything correctly, so it bugs me a little bit when I receive mail that contains spelling mistakes.
By default, Windows "hides" various files and folders that are essential to system operation and data integrity. Why the Big Brother tactic? To protect you from yourself: moving or deleting any of these items could have unwelcome consequences.
Much as I love the idea behind Vista's window-preview thumbnails, which pop up when you mouse over any running program in the taskbar, I find them almost useless.
As most Windows watchers know by now, Windows 7 brings a handful of interface tweaks to the table, starting with large, eye-pleasing program icons that take up residence in the taskbar. Of course, this is little more than an update to the Quick Launc...
Interested in installing Windows 7 but want to avoid headaches and potential pitfalls? Then read our guide on how to set up a dual-boot Vista/Windows 7 machine and migrate to a new PC.
One thing you should know about me: I'm no fan of Windows Vista. Some things about it just annoy me to death, like the unnecessary overhaul of certain interface elements. That said, Vista has a few features I positively love, starting with connection...
There's nothing to calculating how many watts your PC will need to operate properly. You total up the power needs of your processor, your motherboard, your video and sound cards, and everything else that goes inside your computer, round up to the cap...
Wi-Fi that crawls, connections that come unconnected, and printers that stop sharing -- our expert provides remedies for these common network woes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Asus PCs running Windows 7 slam into boot failure after recommended patch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC