Sony has hit a strong blow in the first hours of IFA 2013, announcing a grand total of 18 new products in its digital imaging, home entertainment and VAIO notebook line-ups.
Digital Cameras - News
Fujifilm today launched the X-M1, which is an interchangeable lens camera aimed mainly at the mainstream market. We got our hands on it in a brief demo at Fujifilm's head office, and we like what we saw.
Samsung has confirmed that its new Galaxy S4 Zoom, an Android smartphone with a 16-megapixel camera, optical zoom, and a xenon flash, will be released in Australia "later this year".
The Olympus PEN E-P5 Micro Four Thirds camera follows on from the successful PEN models before it, such as the E-PL5, by supplying new features, slight body modifications and, best of all, some performance enhancements.
The trend these days in digital cameras is smaller, smaller, smaller -- abandoning the tried-and-true formula of a digital SLR’s optical viewfinder and mirror box for a ‘mirrorless’ system that relies on an electronic read-out of what the camera’s se...
We had a chance to try out Panasonic's new TZ40 travel-zoom compact digital camera on Adelaide's Glenelg waterfront.
We had an opportunity to test-drive Panasonic's new FT5 tough camera a few days ago, so we took it for a walk along the Adelaide waterfront.
Panasonic has launched a swathe of new LUMIX compact digital cameras, with various models featuring a confluence of integrated wireless technology, tough construction and slim designs. Two new flagships in the Panasonic LUMIX line-up are the DMC-FT5...
Nikon has, until now, been trailing the likes of Canon, Sony, Ricoh, and Fujifilm. While all these digital camera makers have small cameras with big, DSLR-style sensors inside, Nikon has made do with the Nikon 1. The COOLPIX A is Nikon's first camera...
Pentax has had an interesting few years. It’s also had some interesting cameras, like the James Bond-esque Q and the Marc Newson-designed K-01. The MX-1 compact camera continues that trend. It mimics the 1976 Pentax MX it shares its name with, with l...
An upgrade to Nikon’s long-running D7000 has been announced -- in the form of the D7100, which largely keeps the 2010 camera’s button layout but includes a new 24-megapixel sensor, an improved autofocus system, and a shooting crop mode that promises ...
Panasonic’s LUMIX G5 digital camera has all the controls and accoutrements you’d expect to find on a full-sized digital SLR -- it’s got a big control dial and menu buttons on the rear, top-mounted shooting mode dial, a built-in pop-up flash, and more...
As point-and-shoot cameras go, there are two distinct categories. You can buy a point-and-shoot camera without a great deal of control -- these are made for people who just want to take photos, with no fussing around.
Micro Four-Thirds is a ‘mirrorless’ interchangeable lens digital camera system and lens mount family. If that all sounds a little daunting, here’s a simpler explanation: these cameras have big sensors (like chunky digital SLRs) stuffed into tiny bodi...
Australian electronics retailer Dick Smith is holding a pre-Christmas, one day only sale on Wednesday 5 December, in what the company describes as an event to "celebrate" its new management team.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW