Panasonic's Lumix GH2 digital still camera, the latest in its line-up of cameras with removable lenses, will go on sale next month and features a speedy auto-focus that takes just a tenth of a second to work. Panasonic says that's the fastest auto-fo...
Digital Cameras - News
Olympus will release a new digital SLR camera in October, the E-5 SLR. The Olympus E-5 is designed to compete with the Canon 7D and Nikon D300s and uses an upgraded version of the same 12.3 megapixel sensor that appeared in the earlier Olympus E-3 di...
Researchers at Fujitsu Laboratories have developed a wireless charging system that they say can simultaneously charge a variety of portable gadgets over a distance of several centimeters without the need for cables.
The onslaught of brand-new cameras for fall continues: Pentax is adding two offerings to its Optio line of point-and-shoots, one of which includes a clever twist to make a low-end pocket camera more enticing.
Printing 3D images can be an expensive undertaking. But for those of us who can't shell out a ton of green for a 3D camera and printer, toy company Takara Tomy has come out with a "toy" 3D camera called the 3D Shot Cam that'll give you stereoscopic 3...
Engineers at Canon have created a digital image sensor with a resolution of 120-megapixels, the highest yet managed for a sensor of its size, the company said Tuesday.
"Three-dimensional everything" is shaping up to be the big trend of 2010 (or at least its most-prominent bastion of hype), but Fujifilm had an early jump on the 3D craze.
Facebook has implemented some changes to enhance the experience of browsing through photos, one of the most popular activities on the social networking site, to which people have uploaded tens of billions of images.
We're probably as sick of writing about the iPhone as you are of reading about it. But news about the folks at Tap Tap Tap -- the developer behind the Camera+ iPhone app — submitting a cool update to Apple was too good not to share!
Panasonic showed for the first time on Wednesday a prototype lens for its Lumix DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) cameras that will give them the ability to capture 3D still images.
Google has given a major overhaul to the layout of its Images search engine's results page and introduced a new advertising format specific for this service.
Though 3D-capable cameras are nothing new, two new additions to Sony's 2010 Cyber-shot line are notable for their 3D-shooting capabilities: They're the first everyday point-and-shoot cameras that offer 3D imaging capabilities, and they create 3D phot...
Got an urgent message you need to transmit immediately? Sending a telegram is likely not the first option that comes to mind. And when it's time to boogie down, you probably don't shove a cassette into your 8-track player or slap an LP onto your phon...
Grabbing your camera as you're about to head out, only to find it's running low on power is one inconvenience that designer Weng Jie is hoping he can solve.
Researchers have added nanoechnology to an off-the-shelf digital camera to help doctors distinguish healthy cells from cancerous cells in the human body.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Developer : Mainframe (Perth Based)VIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCURGENT REQUIREMENT - Business AnalystACT
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- TPProgram Control ManagerSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTBizTalk Developer X3VIC
- CCData ScientistVIC