Sony has hit a strong blow in the first hours of IFA 2013, announcing a grand total of 18 new products in its digital imaging, home entertainment and VAIO notebook line-ups.
Digital Cameras - News
Fujifilm today launched the X-M1, which is an interchangeable lens camera aimed mainly at the mainstream market. We got our hands on it in a brief demo at Fujifilm's head office, and we like what we saw.
Samsung has confirmed that its new Galaxy S4 Zoom, an Android smartphone with a 16-megapixel camera, optical zoom, and a xenon flash, will be released in Australia "later this year".
The Olympus PEN E-P5 Micro Four Thirds camera follows on from the successful PEN models before it, such as the E-PL5, by supplying new features, slight body modifications and, best of all, some performance enhancements.
The trend these days in digital cameras is smaller, smaller, smaller -- abandoning the tried-and-true formula of a digital SLR’s optical viewfinder and mirror box for a ‘mirrorless’ system that relies on an electronic read-out of what the camera’s se...
We had a chance to try out Panasonic's new TZ40 travel-zoom compact digital camera on Adelaide's Glenelg waterfront.
We had an opportunity to test-drive Panasonic's new FT5 tough camera a few days ago, so we took it for a walk along the Adelaide waterfront.
Panasonic has launched a swathe of new LUMIX compact digital cameras, with various models featuring a confluence of integrated wireless technology, tough construction and slim designs. Two new flagships in the Panasonic LUMIX line-up are the DMC-FT5...
Nikon has, until now, been trailing the likes of Canon, Sony, Ricoh, and Fujifilm. While all these digital camera makers have small cameras with big, DSLR-style sensors inside, Nikon has made do with the Nikon 1. The COOLPIX A is Nikon's first camera...
Pentax has had an interesting few years. It’s also had some interesting cameras, like the James Bond-esque Q and the Marc Newson-designed K-01. The MX-1 compact camera continues that trend. It mimics the 1976 Pentax MX it shares its name with, with l...
An upgrade to Nikon’s long-running D7000 has been announced -- in the form of the D7100, which largely keeps the 2010 camera’s button layout but includes a new 24-megapixel sensor, an improved autofocus system, and a shooting crop mode that promises ...
Panasonic’s LUMIX G5 digital camera has all the controls and accoutrements you’d expect to find on a full-sized digital SLR -- it’s got a big control dial and menu buttons on the rear, top-mounted shooting mode dial, a built-in pop-up flash, and more...
As point-and-shoot cameras go, there are two distinct categories. You can buy a point-and-shoot camera without a great deal of control -- these are made for people who just want to take photos, with no fussing around.
Micro Four-Thirds is a ‘mirrorless’ interchangeable lens digital camera system and lens mount family. If that all sounds a little daunting, here’s a simpler explanation: these cameras have big sensors (like chunky digital SLRs) stuffed into tiny bodi...
Australian electronics retailer Dick Smith is holding a pre-Christmas, one day only sale on Wednesday 5 December, in what the company describes as an event to "celebrate" its new management team.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTJunior ITIL Service AnalystVIC
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTPresales Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- FTLead PMONSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPProject OfficerNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW