Transcend keeps pushing genres with the PF730. Like the earlier Transcend 720, the PF730 ($129) is not only a digital photo frame, but also a video player, an alarm clock, a calendar, and an MP3 player.
The relatively compact Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 is quite simply one of the best fixed-lens cameras out there for both stills and HD video. If you can deal with slightly grainy, non-1080p video footage (the FZ35's video resolution maxes out at 720p), ...
The Olympus Mju 7020 is a 12-megapixel digital compact camera designed with the creative point-and-shooter in mind. It distinguishes itself from other compact cameras courtesy of a 3in LCD and 7x optical zoom lens (most cameras in this price range of...
It may not be a DSLR, but the FinePix S200EXR is the sort of advanced point-and-shoot camera that's an enthusiast's dream. With a layout that mimics a typical SLR's design, it offers superb handling, megazoom reach, advanced exposure control, and onl...
Sony's Cyber-shot DSC-TX1 is a super-slim, 10.2-megapixel 'fashion' camera with the company's latest Exmor-R image sensor, which offers improved performance in dim lighting.
The Canon PowerShot G11 is an advanced compact camera you can turn to if you don’t want to buy a digital SLR. Despite its small size, it has a lot of SLR-like features, such as the ability to change exposure settings on the fly. Of course you can’t s...
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX1 is a compact digital camera with a 5x zoom lens and a new Exmor-R CMOS sensor. It takes better photos in dim lighting than many other compacts we have tested and has a reasonably competent lens, but overall photo quality i...
Canon's EOS 7D digital SLR is designed for users who want fast shooting performance. That means sports photographers, nature photographers, and basically anyone who needs to freeze-frame a fast-moving subject. It has a crisp-sounding shutter, a sturd...
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS42 is an entry-level compact digital camera aimed at casual photographers and shoppers on a budget.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS62R is a cheap, 10-megapixel point-and-shoot digital camera that captures surprisingly vibrant photos. It's easy for novices to just select its fully automatic Intelligent Auto mode and shoot away.
The 24X optical-zoom Pentax X70 is one of the lightest, smallest megazoom cameras on the market, but it maintains "bigness" where it should: in the lens.
Priced affordably at US$450 including an 18-55mm kit lens, the 10.2-megapixel Pentax K2000 may tempt quite a few people to jump into the digital SLR pool. Though the supposed niche for the K2000 consists of consumers new to the DSLR market, the camer...
Panasonic's LUMIX DMC-GF1-K is a compact, easy to use, and definitely stylish D-SLR-like camera.
Samsung's ST550 is the first compact digital camera on the market to feature two LCD screens. It's squarely aimed at the MySpace/Facebook/Twitter crowd, who tend to create interesting self-portraits for profile pictures. The quality of photos taken w...
Ricoh's CX2 digital camera packs a 10.7x zoom lens into a body that's 6cm tall, 3cm thick and just over 10cm wide. It's perfect for anyone with a penchant for travelling: it will let you take wide-angle shots of famous landmarks, and can also snap a ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC