The Asia-Pacific region may be ripe for mobile TV services, with its millions of enthusiastic mobile-phone users, but don't expect the picking to be easy, an industry executive said Thursday at a conference in London.
Intel is working with dozens of movie, music, and game providers around the world to ensure their services work with the living room PC concept embodied by its upcoming Viiv brand, scheduled to be launched early next year.
Cisco Friday announced it plans to branch out beyond enterprise networks with a proposed US$6.9 billion buyout of cable TV set-top box leader Scientific-Atlanta.
Asustek Computer plans to soon launch its first liquid crystal display (LCD) TVs, extending the growing visibility of its brand name.
Nikon has announced that some of the rechargeable Li-ion Batteries used in its Digital SLR cameras may overheat and catch fire, and has issued a worldwide recall and replacement.
Sony's latest digital still camera, the DSC-T9, has something for people who can never seem to take a clear picture. The camera incorporates two anti-blur systems: one to compensate for the effect of unsteady hands and one to capture fast moving obje...
Canon will launch a version of its compact Ixy digital still camera with built-in Wi-Fi in Japan this December.
Taiwan's Chi Mei Optoelectronics has developed a flat-panel display that boasts four times the resolution of today's high-definition television sets, it said Wednesday.
If they didn't know it already, the mostly male audience at the international flat-panel display show in Yokohama, Japan, this week will be discovering what they might have been hearing from their wives and girlfriends for years: size isn't everythin...
The Norwegian hacker who was arrested, and ultimately exonerated, for reverse-engineering DVD copy protection has taken a job with Michael Robertson's latest venture, a digital music company called MP3tunes. Jon Lech Johansen, also known as DVD Jon, ...
The effort spearheaded in the US to require people building voice technologies to code in wiretapping from the beginning of development, is currently the gravest threat to cyber-freedom, according to Brad Templeton from the Electronic Frontier Founda...
China's largest online games provider, Shanda Interactive Entertainment, is gearing up to launch a handheld game console equipped with Wi-Fi and the ability to play digital music and video files.
Samsung Electronics held talks with Apple Computer earlier this year about a possible joint-investment in flash memory chip production but the talks failed to go anywhere, a spokeswoman for Samsung said on Monday.
Linksys has joined with Skype to make a push into the consumer and SOHO voice over internet (VoIP) market.
Companies working on direct methanol fuel cells (DMFCs), an emerging power source that could one day replace rechargeable batteries for some applications, are showing their latest progress at this week's Ceatec Japan 2005 exhibition. But for all the ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Volantis integrates mobile phones and web services
- Sonoro combines Internet and FM radio
- LG puts Bluetooth into new LCD, plasma TV sets
- Blu-ray camcorder media hits the streets
- Samsung, Adidas take on iPod, Nike
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC