After lining up several big-name telecommunication service providers to offer its new IPTV (Internet Protocol television) technology, Microsoft is now following up with a list of companies to provide optimized set-top boxes, and with a new system-on-...
Digital Convergence - News
Don't be surprised if someday in the bar or hotel lobby, the pillows or drapes in front of you suddenly light up and display some luxury goods. At the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin, Philips Electronics is demonstrating new photonic textiles...
Consumers looking for a fist-size, high-performance camcorder may want to check out the 3CCD SD Video Camera SDR-S100 from Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd., better known by its Panasonic brand name.
Mitsubishi Electric has given BCN Technology access to its complete range of IT products as part of a reshuffle of its wholesale channel.
A format battle between HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc in the race to replace DVD looks increasingly inevitable as time quickly runs out for a compromise. Supporters of both formats agree that compromise would benefit the entire industry but talks are stall...
Blu-ray Disc, one of two formats being promoted as a replacement for today's DVDs, picked up support this week from Lions Gate Home Entertainment and Universal Music Group.
The PSP will launch in Australia as the Swiss Army Knife for the digital age, combining games, movies, photos and music with new features such as Web browsing at wireless hotspots and sporting coverage from Telstra Bigpond.
Hewlett-Packard has decided to stop reselling Apple Computer's popular iPod music player, representatives from both companies confirmed Friday.
Canon is launching four camcorders for the international market in the coming months, and the lineup includes its first models that record to DVD.
In an effort to drive up sales of locally produced Media Center PCs, Microsoft has undertaken to work more closely with systems builders, third-party technology developers and the non-mass merchant channel.
A startup claims it has a programmable cellular phone chip that can handle the communications processing for a wide range of protocols, as well as multimedia and application processing, which could drive down handset prices or help add network capabi...
Cisco's Linksys division last week acquired KiSS Technology, a Danish maker of networked home entertainment devices.
Panasonic plans in late August to put on sale three new Lumix digital still cameras. The lineup includes a model capable of shooting in a 16:9 aspect ratio, and another model that has a 19X optical zoom, the company said at a news conference held in ...
Sony and Konica Minolta Photo Imaging will jointly develop digital single lens reflex (SLR) cameras, the companies said this week.
A subsidiary of Giga-byte Technology, one of Taiwan's top computer component makers, launched its first Gigabyte-brand mobile phone Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Volantis integrates mobile phones and web services
- Sonoro combines Internet and FM radio
- LG puts Bluetooth into new LCD, plasma TV sets
- Blu-ray camcorder media hits the streets
- Samsung, Adidas take on iPod, Nike
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationVIC
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCPSCD/ CRM Business/Financial AnalystsACT
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT