Australia's first commercial Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for Microsoft's Media Centre will be widely available to consumers thanks to a distribution deal between Altech Computers and Ice TV.
A fuel cell technology that will offer a quick fix for dead or dying mobile phone batteries looks as if its going to be available for millions of people for the first time in the world in Japan in 2007, Japan's two biggest mobile communications carri...
In an effort to clean up room clutter, Microsoft announced a wireless keyboard that combines a remote control, keyboard and mouse pointer all in one device, according to the company.
Niche distributor, Innovision, has increased its security product line-up under a new agreement with IP-based surveillance vendor, Strategic Vista.
While digital TV transmissions have yet to prove their worth, the digital set-top box market is finally starting to show signs of life.
Sanyo Electric will make deep reductions in both its work force and factory space over the next three years, according to a mid-term plan released by the company's new management team Tuesday.
Sharp has began construction of a factory that will be capable of handling the largest-ever sheets of glass used to make LCD (liquid crystal display) panels, it said.
BT Group has decided to trial Microsoft's new Internet-based TV platform after one carrier requested more time to iron out the bugs and another opted to pull the plug on the technology altogether.
Microsoft and Toshiba have reached an agreement under which they will explore ways to use Microsoft Windows CE technology in new high-definition optical disc players, according to top executives of both companies.
On Monday iAnywhere Solutions, a division of database management system company Sybase, announced a partnership with database rival Microsoft to integrate the Afaria mobile management suite into Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003.
Triple play is slowly growing from the fluff of headlines, according to Alcatel, but this provision of integrated voice, data and video services requires forward planning now for it to become a reality in the Australian digital home.
Work is being wrapped up on the first draft of a set of new Java technologies that could bring big benefits to mobile phone applications for both work and entertainment.
Samsung Electronics is planning to launch at least one thin cell phone later this year to battle Motorola's Razr handset in international markets, a company executive said Wednesday.
With more and more MP3 player makers improving their devices' external designs, the user interface is becoming an important differentiating factor, the chief executive of one of the world's biggest MP3 player makers said Wednesday.
Telstra this week dropped out of a Microsoft early adopter program for its end-to-end IP (Internet Protocol) TV software platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Volantis integrates mobile phones and web services
- Sonoro combines Internet and FM radio
- LG puts Bluetooth into new LCD, plasma TV sets
- Blu-ray camcorder media hits the streets
- Samsung, Adidas take on iPod, Nike
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW