Despite all the hardware Apple introduced at its press event Wednesday, the most radical news was Ping, a social network for music that's launching as a feature of iTunes 10. I've taken a brief test drive of Ping to see what it's about, but even befo...
Digital Music - Features
The IFA has a storied past as well as notable celebrities and some "first" technology ever seen in Europe. From Einstein to Xbox, the IFA has shown it all. Some products, like the 3DTV, were ahead of their time. Others, like the MiniDisc...well, just...
Sennheiser is renowned for producing some of the best headphones on the market. Below we've rounded up some of the best pairs that we've tested; all of these models received at least four out of five stars when we reviewed them.
Back in 2006, an entry-level Blu-ray player would set you back a minimum of $1000. Today, most models cost around $400-$500, with some retailing for under 200 bucks. In other words, there has never been a better time to toss away your old DVD player.
That little Android mascot must be struggling to catch his breath.
FL Studio 9.1 is the latest version of the long-time sequencer and recording app formerly known as Fruity Loops. Despite a slightly non-standard user interface, FL Studio is one of the easier digital audio workstations to use--if you come from a step...
If the latest Apple rumor is true, a new iPod Touch should arrive in September.
Apple is getting close to launching a cloud-based version of iTunes that supports wireless streaming music and movies and wireless syncing, according to new reports on the effort first reported earlier this year.
Bowers & Wilkins have long been considered one of the premier makers of audio speakers in the world. When it comes to home cinema, iPod docks and hi-fi solutions, Bowers & Wilkins are indeed the cream of the crop in speakers. Founder, John Bowers gav...
In just 10 short days, the 2010 FIFA World Cup will kick off in Johannesburg, South Africa, bringing joy and euphoric agony to every corner of the globe. For Australian football fans in the southern hemisphere, this means a fortnight of broken sleep,...
We all listen to compressed music on our computers and portable players and we all know that compression is supposed to hurt sound quality. But does it hurt it enough to affect our listening pleasure?
With 3D TVs like Samsung's Series 7 (UA55C7000) hitting the market, we decided to take a look back at where it all began: in the 1890s, when British film pioneer William Friese-Greene filed a patent for a 3D movie process. Two films were projected si...
It has been public knowledge for quite a while that many of the world's governments have been working on an "Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, but none of the details of what they were thinking was public knowledge, in spite of a few leaked docume...
Here's some great news for all your musicmakers out there who were able to defy the world economy and come out of it with a new Apple iPad.
I was impressed with Magix's Music Maker 16 digital audio workstation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPFunctional Business AnalystQLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCPerformance TesterACT
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT