Back in 2006, an entry-level Blu-ray player would set you back a minimum of $1000. Today, most models cost around $400-$500, with some retailing for under 200 bucks. In other words, there has never been a better time to toss away your old DVD player.
That little Android mascot must be struggling to catch his breath.
FL Studio 9.1 is the latest version of the long-time sequencer and recording app formerly known as Fruity Loops. Despite a slightly non-standard user interface, FL Studio is one of the easier digital audio workstations to use--if you come from a step...
If the latest Apple rumor is true, a new iPod Touch should arrive in September.
Apple is getting close to launching a cloud-based version of iTunes that supports wireless streaming music and movies and wireless syncing, according to new reports on the effort first reported earlier this year.
Bowers & Wilkins have long been considered one of the premier makers of audio speakers in the world. When it comes to home cinema, iPod docks and hi-fi solutions, Bowers & Wilkins are indeed the cream of the crop in speakers. Founder, John Bowers gav...
In just 10 short days, the 2010 FIFA World Cup will kick off in Johannesburg, South Africa, bringing joy and euphoric agony to every corner of the globe. For Australian football fans in the southern hemisphere, this means a fortnight of broken sleep,...
We all listen to compressed music on our computers and portable players and we all know that compression is supposed to hurt sound quality. But does it hurt it enough to affect our listening pleasure?
With 3D TVs like Samsung's Series 7 (UA55C7000) hitting the market, we decided to take a look back at where it all began: in the 1890s, when British film pioneer William Friese-Greene filed a patent for a 3D movie process. Two films were projected si...
It has been public knowledge for quite a while that many of the world's governments have been working on an "Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, but none of the details of what they were thinking was public knowledge, in spite of a few leaked docume...
Here's some great news for all your musicmakers out there who were able to defy the world economy and come out of it with a new Apple iPad.
I was impressed with Magix's Music Maker 16 digital audio workstation.
No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
Apple's iTunes Store reached a major milestone this week when it delivered its 10 billionth song, an event that highlights the great success of Cupertino's digital-download service.
An HD home cinema system is only as good as the Blu-ray movie you're watching. Let's face it – while Driving Miss Daisy might be a good film, it's not the best thing to show off your state-of-the-art surround sound system with, is it? Whether you’re ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Free Spotify Premium for Vodafone customers
- Sony to restart Blu-ray Disc production in late May
- YouTube Live: The makeover continues
- Sony to launch streaming music on PSP
- Time Warner asks judge to decide on iPad streaming
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA