No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
Digital Music - Features
Apple's iTunes Store reached a major milestone this week when it delivered its 10 billionth song, an event that highlights the great success of Cupertino's digital-download service.
An HD home cinema system is only as good as the Blu-ray movie you're watching. Let's face it – while Driving Miss Daisy might be a good film, it's not the best thing to show off your state-of-the-art surround sound system with, is it? Whether you’re ...
Some of the best headphones if you're heading back to school or uni
In his first editorial for us, columnist Joe Rybicki explores the changing dynamics of the music game genre, and examines what needs to change in order to keep things viable in the years ahead.
There are a huge range of portable media players on the market. We've rounded up a list of the key features of PMPs and MP3 players in order to help you pick up the model that's right for you or your child.
Lawyers for music file-sharer Jammie Thomas-Rasset said Monday they would challenge a recent court decision ordering their client to pay a reduced fine of US$54,000 to the Recording Industry Association of America.
NAMM is one of the biggest music trade shows around, showcasing everything from high-tech DJ equipment to the latest piano accordion fashions. Winter NAMM 2010 was held January 14 to 17 at the Anaheim Convention Center, California.
The NAMM show, put on by the International Music Products Association, is one of the largest music product trade shows in the world. The 2010 NAMM Show took place this weekend at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA, and companies from all ov...
Apple's get-'em-while-they're-young strategy appears to be paying off. The iPod touch, which some tech analysts are calling an iPhone on training wheels, has proven wildly popular with gift-givers this holiday season.
Digital radio launched around Australia in 2009, although it's still restricted to metropolitan areas. We've rounded up the best digital radios we've tested so far. Many of then don't merely receive digital radio, though — our top awards go to ...
This year has seen an evolution rather than a revolution in the MP3 player space, with models from Apple and Sony being refined instead of redesigned. We've rounded up our top picks of the MP3 players/portable media players we've reviewed throughout ...
It's been a good year for headphones, with a huge range of innovations and interesting technologies released to the market. We've picked our favourite five pairs of the year.
While there haven't been the same frenzied price drops and big bargain deals that the television market has enjoyed, there are still some good deals around if you're after a pair of headphones, an MP3 player or a digital radio this Christmas.
The release of the iTunes 9.0.2 update on Thursday yet again disables Palm's workaround to sync with Apple's popular jukebox software. Perhaps it's high time Palm moved on and created its own software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia