As we move to a world where all entertainment is delivered digitally, the battle over copyright protection is turning into a full-blown war. And consumer rights may end up being the biggest casualty as media companies hunker down and try to redefine ...
Digital Music - Features
Peter Hoey Music may be the universal language, but when technology gets involved, the words sometimes flow less freely.
It may be the hottest, most sought-after digital music player in other parts of the world, but in South Korea Apple Computer's iPod registers as barely a blip in the sales charts, according to a recent report by market analysts GfK AG.
"Come record our music, film us, download our music and our artwork" perhaps isn't the message to fans you might expect to hear from two of U.K. rock's elder statesmen. But then Mick Jones and Tony James, the leaders of rock'n'roll band Carbon/Silico...
The record industry has been targeting online music sharing for years, but now it has undertaken a new war -- against "casual piracy."
On the advice of many of you who e-mailed me about last month's rant on things that are wrong with digital music stores, I'm revisiting <a href="http://www.emusic.com/promo.html">EMusic</a>.
Choosing the right MP3 player isn't that difficult, but one player does not fit all. People will want different things from their players. MP3 CD players represent the best value: Most retail for less than US$200, and additional blank discs are cheap...
The wait is over. You can finally access music online legally, locally and cheaply - but there is still a long way to go before the full potential of downloading music is realised.
Sometimes you see a convergence of technology trends that result into a new device or product and you slap yourself on the head and say, "Why didn't I think of that?" That happened when I met recently with officials from MusicGremlin, which plans to ...
If the entertainment industry gets its way, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will this week order vendors of every PC capable of receiving digital broadcast signals to use copy protection mechanisms that stop anyone from sharing copyr...
Your music collection is finally digital. You've ripped your 200 favorite CDs to MP3 files and you love the way the software allows you to create playlists or instantly call up favorites from your personal database of 2,000 songs. Setting out for the...
For several years, one of the hottest topics in ebusiness has been what will happen with online music.
The latest music services deliver a wealth of legal tunes--for a price. Should you pay to play?
He's been called the man who killed Napster. He's currently representing the major movie studios in their case against 321 Studios for its DVD X Copy DVD-copying utility. But attorney Russ Frackman of Los Angeles-based firm Mitchell Silberberg & Knup...
RealNetworks Inc. and MPEG-4 specialist Envivio Inc. will together develop and sell a media encoder aimed at the mobile phone industry, the companies said Monday.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 requiredSA
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW