Peter Hoey Music may be the universal language, but when technology gets involved, the words sometimes flow less freely.
Digital Music - Features
It may be the hottest, most sought-after digital music player in other parts of the world, but in South Korea Apple Computer's iPod registers as barely a blip in the sales charts, according to a recent report by market analysts GfK AG.
"Come record our music, film us, download our music and our artwork" perhaps isn't the message to fans you might expect to hear from two of U.K. rock's elder statesmen. But then Mick Jones and Tony James, the leaders of rock'n'roll band Carbon/Silico...
The record industry has been targeting online music sharing for years, but now it has undertaken a new war -- against "casual piracy."
On the advice of many of you who e-mailed me about last month's rant on things that are wrong with digital music stores, I'm revisiting <a href="http://www.emusic.com/promo.html">EMusic</a>.
Choosing the right MP3 player isn't that difficult, but one player does not fit all. People will want different things from their players. MP3 CD players represent the best value: Most retail for less than US$200, and additional blank discs are cheap...
The wait is over. You can finally access music online legally, locally and cheaply - but there is still a long way to go before the full potential of downloading music is realised.
Sometimes you see a convergence of technology trends that result into a new device or product and you slap yourself on the head and say, "Why didn't I think of that?" That happened when I met recently with officials from MusicGremlin, which plans to ...
If the entertainment industry gets its way, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will this week order vendors of every PC capable of receiving digital broadcast signals to use copy protection mechanisms that stop anyone from sharing copyr...
Your music collection is finally digital. You've ripped your 200 favorite CDs to MP3 files and you love the way the software allows you to create playlists or instantly call up favorites from your personal database of 2,000 songs. Setting out for the...
For several years, one of the hottest topics in ebusiness has been what will happen with online music.
The latest music services deliver a wealth of legal tunes--for a price. Should you pay to play?
He's been called the man who killed Napster. He's currently representing the major movie studios in their case against 321 Studios for its DVD X Copy DVD-copying utility. But attorney Russ Frackman of Los Angeles-based firm Mitchell Silberberg & Knup...
RealNetworks Inc. and MPEG-4 specialist Envivio Inc. will together develop and sell a media encoder aimed at the mobile phone industry, the companies said Monday.
Here lieth Napster Inc.: Net renegade, consumer advocate, corporate ire inducer and theft enabler.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCTest LeadVIC
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA