It may be the hottest, most sought-after digital music player in other parts of the world, but in South Korea Apple Computer's iPod registers as barely a blip in the sales charts, according to a recent report by market analysts GfK AG.
"Come record our music, film us, download our music and our artwork" perhaps isn't the message to fans you might expect to hear from two of U.K. rock's elder statesmen. But then Mick Jones and Tony James, the leaders of rock'n'roll band Carbon/Silico...
The record industry has been targeting online music sharing for years, but now it has undertaken a new war -- against "casual piracy."
On the advice of many of you who e-mailed me about last month's rant on things that are wrong with digital music stores, I'm revisiting <a href="http://www.emusic.com/promo.html">EMusic</a>.
Choosing the right MP3 player isn't that difficult, but one player does not fit all. People will want different things from their players. MP3 CD players represent the best value: Most retail for less than US$200, and additional blank discs are cheap...
The wait is over. You can finally access music online legally, locally and cheaply - but there is still a long way to go before the full potential of downloading music is realised.
Sometimes you see a convergence of technology trends that result into a new device or product and you slap yourself on the head and say, "Why didn't I think of that?" That happened when I met recently with officials from MusicGremlin, which plans to ...
If the entertainment industry gets its way, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will this week order vendors of every PC capable of receiving digital broadcast signals to use copy protection mechanisms that stop anyone from sharing copyr...
Your music collection is finally digital. You've ripped your 200 favorite CDs to MP3 files and you love the way the software allows you to create playlists or instantly call up favorites from your personal database of 2,000 songs. Setting out for the...
For several years, one of the hottest topics in ebusiness has been what will happen with online music.
The latest music services deliver a wealth of legal tunes--for a price. Should you pay to play?
He's been called the man who killed Napster. He's currently representing the major movie studios in their case against 321 Studios for its DVD X Copy DVD-copying utility. But attorney Russ Frackman of Los Angeles-based firm Mitchell Silberberg & Knup...
RealNetworks Inc. and MPEG-4 specialist Envivio Inc. will together develop and sell a media encoder aimed at the mobile phone industry, the companies said Monday.
Here lieth Napster Inc.: Net renegade, consumer advocate, corporate ire inducer and theft enabler.
It sounds like a "B" movie plot: Return of the PC Snatchers. Millions find their PCs' bandwidth and hard disk space siphoned for mysterious but worthy-sounding scientific projects, just because they downloaded the client for a music- and file-swappin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
- Spotify has 100 million users but Apple Music remains a threat
- Google's Magenta project just wrote its first piece of music, and thankfully it's not great
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW