The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) will begin suing online file-traders this month, pursuing a strategy similar to one employed by the recording industry during the past year.
Digital Music - News
Multimedia device vendor Creative Labs has claimed the industry's first discount deals with music e-tailers in the growing local market for digital downloads.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on Thursday announced it has filed 750 new lawsuits against alleged file-traders using peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software.
Two of the three most popular media players on the market have highly critical bugs that could allow remote system control by a hacker.
Those who tuned into last weekend's Saturday Night Live on NBC had the opportunity to catch Ashlee Simpson with her pants down. No, not literally (though that might have been a better career move). In what may have been her swan song, Ms. Simpson sto...
Employees who bring an MP3 player to work could be costing Australian businesses as much as $60 million a year.
Olympus Optical, a company known for its digital cameras, is entering the increasingly-crowded personal music player market with its m:robe series of players.
Apple's iPod music player continues to help the company grow revenue at dizzying rates, leading Apple to its highest fourth-quarter revenue in nine years, the company said.
A 60-person startup company called PassAlong Networks, believes it discovered a way to encourage fans to legally share digital music: Cut them in for a piece of the action. On Thursday, the company is set to launch a music download service and "shari...
Six large technology and music companies have banded together in an attempt to bring some interoperability to the digital rights management (DRM) systems protecting digital content such as music and movies within the next nine months.
Want to be a rock star? It's never been more affordable to pursue the only valid excuse to trash a hotel room. Cheap software makes it easy to record CD-quality audio to the PC in your bedroom -- or to a notebook in the back seat of a taxi, for that ...
Sony's new 20GB hard-disk drive based Walkman will hit Australian shelves next month but with pricing $100 more than the equivalent sized Apple iPod.
IRiver on Wednesday announced two portable media players that include color screens and support for songs encoded in the Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 format, which will help the players reach out to more digital music subscription services.
Coldplay, Jet, The Beatles, Delta Goodrem, and even Shannon Noll featured in a list of 100 songs that record companies on Tuesday claimed were illegally made available on the Kazaa file-sharing system.
The noose appears to be tightening around one of Europe's largest software counterfeiting rings as a German court sentenced a second member of the network to prison on Monday, and handed a sentence to his father for helping run front operations. ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW