Sony's new 20GB hard-disk drive based Walkman will hit Australian shelves next month but with pricing $100 more than the equivalent sized Apple iPod.
IRiver on Wednesday announced two portable media players that include color screens and support for songs encoded in the Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 format, which will help the players reach out to more digital music subscription services.
Coldplay, Jet, The Beatles, Delta Goodrem, and even Shannon Noll featured in a list of 100 songs that record companies on Tuesday claimed were illegally made available on the Kazaa file-sharing system.
The noose appears to be tightening around one of Europe's largest software counterfeiting rings as a German court sentenced a second member of the network to prison on Monday, and handed a sentence to his father for helping run front operations. ...
Yahoo will acquire the digital music software and services provider Musicmatch in a cash deal valued at US$160 million, the companies announced Tuesday.
When you think of ViewSonic, you probably think of computer displays, a product category it's been a major player in for years -- or possibly of TVs, a market it's entered more recently. But with computers and consumer electronics converging, network...
Portable media players are about to flood the Australian market as distributors enthusiastically launch a raft of market entries.
South Korean mobile operator SK Telecom previewed a file-sharing application for cell phones this week that will let users swap files, including ring tones, music and videos over its 3G (third-generation) network.
On Friday IT managers got a fresh reason, if they needed one, to keep Kazaa and Grokster peer-to-peer software off users' PCs: an unpatched security hole that affects both applications.
Apple Computer Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Steve Jobs offered Nobuyuki Idei, chairman and group CEO of Sony, the chance for Sony to come aboard Apple's iTunes Music Store service, the Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun newspaper reported in its September 2 edit...
Manufacturers in search of middleware to connect devices from different vendors and swap digital audio and visual content seamlessly may want to test technology developed by the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communications Systems.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) is hot about what it considers a consumer revolution in digital media, and on Friday the company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Carly Fiorina selected a chic club in Miami Beach to unveil a raft of consumer electronic dev...
Via Technologies released a version of the open-source Xine media player on Thursday that is designed to take advantage of hardware digital video acceleration capabilities in two of the company's PC chipsets, the CN400 and CLE266.
The European Commission (EU) opened an in-depth investigation on Wednesday into plans by Microsoft and Time Warner to take over US digital rights management (DRM) company ContentGuard Holdings.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed 896 new lawsuits against file traders using peer-to-peer (P-to-P) services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
- Podcasts are now on the air in Google Play Music
- Denon's latest S-Series A/V receivers are built for 4K Ultra HD video and 3D audio
- Free Spotify Premium for Vodafone customers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC