The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) will begin suing online file-traders this month, pursuing a strategy similar to one employed by the recording industry during the past year.
Digital Music - News
Multimedia device vendor Creative Labs has claimed the industry's first discount deals with music e-tailers in the growing local market for digital downloads.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on Thursday announced it has filed 750 new lawsuits against alleged file-traders using peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software.
Two of the three most popular media players on the market have highly critical bugs that could allow remote system control by a hacker.
Those who tuned into last weekend's Saturday Night Live on NBC had the opportunity to catch Ashlee Simpson with her pants down. No, not literally (though that might have been a better career move). In what may have been her swan song, Ms. Simpson sto...
Employees who bring an MP3 player to work could be costing Australian businesses as much as $60 million a year.
Olympus Optical, a company known for its digital cameras, is entering the increasingly-crowded personal music player market with its m:robe series of players.
Apple's iPod music player continues to help the company grow revenue at dizzying rates, leading Apple to its highest fourth-quarter revenue in nine years, the company said.
A 60-person startup company called PassAlong Networks, believes it discovered a way to encourage fans to legally share digital music: Cut them in for a piece of the action. On Thursday, the company is set to launch a music download service and "shari...
Six large technology and music companies have banded together in an attempt to bring some interoperability to the digital rights management (DRM) systems protecting digital content such as music and movies within the next nine months.
Want to be a rock star? It's never been more affordable to pursue the only valid excuse to trash a hotel room. Cheap software makes it easy to record CD-quality audio to the PC in your bedroom -- or to a notebook in the back seat of a taxi, for that ...
Sony's new 20GB hard-disk drive based Walkman will hit Australian shelves next month but with pricing $100 more than the equivalent sized Apple iPod.
IRiver on Wednesday announced two portable media players that include color screens and support for songs encoded in the Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 format, which will help the players reach out to more digital music subscription services.
Coldplay, Jet, The Beatles, Delta Goodrem, and even Shannon Noll featured in a list of 100 songs that record companies on Tuesday claimed were illegally made available on the Kazaa file-sharing system.
The noose appears to be tightening around one of Europe's largest software counterfeiting rings as a German court sentenced a second member of the network to prison on Monday, and handed a sentence to his father for helping run front operations. ...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPSAP Finance LeadQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCMigration EngineerACT
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPICT Training and Development OfficerQLD
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- CCProject MangerWA
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTIT Project Manager. Ciritical permanent roleNSW
- FTICT Client Services ManagerQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps - Web AdministratorQLD