Two of the three most popular media players on the market have highly critical bugs that could allow remote system control by a hacker.
Those who tuned into last weekend's Saturday Night Live on NBC had the opportunity to catch Ashlee Simpson with her pants down. No, not literally (though that might have been a better career move). In what may have been her swan song, Ms. Simpson sto...
Employees who bring an MP3 player to work could be costing Australian businesses as much as $60 million a year.
Olympus Optical, a company known for its digital cameras, is entering the increasingly-crowded personal music player market with its m:robe series of players.
Apple's iPod music player continues to help the company grow revenue at dizzying rates, leading Apple to its highest fourth-quarter revenue in nine years, the company said.
A 60-person startup company called PassAlong Networks, believes it discovered a way to encourage fans to legally share digital music: Cut them in for a piece of the action. On Thursday, the company is set to launch a music download service and "shari...
Six large technology and music companies have banded together in an attempt to bring some interoperability to the digital rights management (DRM) systems protecting digital content such as music and movies within the next nine months.
Want to be a rock star? It's never been more affordable to pursue the only valid excuse to trash a hotel room. Cheap software makes it easy to record CD-quality audio to the PC in your bedroom -- or to a notebook in the back seat of a taxi, for that ...
Sony's new 20GB hard-disk drive based Walkman will hit Australian shelves next month but with pricing $100 more than the equivalent sized Apple iPod.
IRiver on Wednesday announced two portable media players that include color screens and support for songs encoded in the Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 format, which will help the players reach out to more digital music subscription services.
Coldplay, Jet, The Beatles, Delta Goodrem, and even Shannon Noll featured in a list of 100 songs that record companies on Tuesday claimed were illegally made available on the Kazaa file-sharing system.
The noose appears to be tightening around one of Europe's largest software counterfeiting rings as a German court sentenced a second member of the network to prison on Monday, and handed a sentence to his father for helping run front operations. ...
Yahoo will acquire the digital music software and services provider Musicmatch in a cash deal valued at US$160 million, the companies announced Tuesday.
When you think of ViewSonic, you probably think of computer displays, a product category it's been a major player in for years -- or possibly of TVs, a market it's entered more recently. But with computers and consumer electronics converging, network...
Portable media players are about to flood the Australian market as distributors enthusiastically launch a raft of market entries.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
- Apple Music in iTunes just got more enjoyable and easier to use
- Spotify skyrockets to 40 million paid subscribers, more than doubling Apple Music
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW