Via Technologies released a version of the open-source Xine media player on Thursday that is designed to take advantage of hardware digital video acceleration capabilities in two of the company's PC chipsets, the CN400 and CLE266.
The European Commission (EU) opened an in-depth investigation on Wednesday into plans by Microsoft and Time Warner to take over US digital rights management (DRM) company ContentGuard Holdings.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed 896 new lawsuits against file traders using peer-to-peer (P-to-P) services.
RealNetworks said on Tuesday that it has sold more than a million songs at its online music store since slashing prices last week as part of a limited-time sale aimed at growing the user base of its new digital media software.
Yahoo Australia hopes to pull users from the US Yahoo music channel to its own newly released local site.
A US federal appeals court ruled in favor of peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software makers Thursday, stating that the companies behind the Grokster and Morpheus services are not liable for copyright infringement due to the actions of their users.
In a move likely to step up the digital music dispute between RealNetworks and Apple Computer, Real slashed prices at its online music store on Tuesday, offering songs and albums for a limited time at nearly half of what Apple charges at its iTunes s...
Sharman Networks has decried attempts by record companies to access a computer found in the home of Sharman boss Nikki Hemming.
One of 321 Studios' last corporate acts will be paying off the companies that drove it to extinction.
GoVideo, known for its dual-deck VCRs and other consumer electronics products, is jumping back into the digital audio player business with its new Rave-MP players. The players emphasize simplicity and style, and come in both flash memory and hard dri...
While users are turning away from free peer-to-peer services like Kazaa under threats of industry lawsuits, worries about spyware, and dissatisfaction with the poor quality of tracks, new music site MPee3.com is offering another angle for thrifty fan...
Skype and Kazaa founders Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis will have their past business affairs under the legal microscope of the major record labels following a court hearing last week.
The increasingly rancorous feud between Apple Computer and RealNetworks over technology that lets tunes from the RealPlayer Music Store play on the market-leading iPod is refueling controversy about Apple's business model, copyright law and the impac...
Record company lawyers have learned the identity of the man behind the complex web of Kazaa business partners whose name had been protected under Vanuatu law.
Hailing the move as one that brings choice to online music services users, RealNetworks has introduced software that lets songs downloaded from its own music store be played on a variety of devices, essentially breaking Apple's proprietary grip on it...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
- Spotify has 100 million users but Apple Music remains a threat
- Google's Magenta project just wrote its first piece of music, and thankfully it's not great
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW