While users are turning away from free peer-to-peer services like Kazaa under threats of industry lawsuits, worries about spyware, and dissatisfaction with the poor quality of tracks, new music site MPee3.com is offering another angle for thrifty fan...
Skype and Kazaa founders Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis will have their past business affairs under the legal microscope of the major record labels following a court hearing last week.
The increasingly rancorous feud between Apple Computer and RealNetworks over technology that lets tunes from the RealPlayer Music Store play on the market-leading iPod is refueling controversy about Apple's business model, copyright law and the impac...
Record company lawyers have learned the identity of the man behind the complex web of Kazaa business partners whose name had been protected under Vanuatu law.
Hailing the move as one that brings choice to online music services users, RealNetworks has introduced software that lets songs downloaded from its own music store be played on a variety of devices, essentially breaking Apple's proprietary grip on it...
Apple Computer began international sales of its iPod mini digital music player on Saturday and opened the doors of its Tokyo store to a line of more than one thousand people.
The makers of the iMesh file-swapping software have agreed to pay US$4.1 (AU$5.7) million and make changes to their product to settle a lawsuit brought by the recording industry.
An online group claiming to have the source code for two popular computer programs for sale opened its doors for business again on Saturday.
For many of us, the car has become a home away from home. So why not extend some of the digital services we use at home or work to the car?
What's there to see at a Macworld Expo without Apple attending? Plenty, if you own an IPod, or at least have a collection of digital tunes stored on your computer -- even if you don't run the Macintosh OS.
Local stockists expect sales of Apple's latest iPod offering, the iPod mini, will match those of its larger counterpart when it hits retailers’ shelves on July 24.
File-sharing application Kazaa could be outlawed by the end of the year, after a Federal Court judge set a "preliminary" trial date of 29 November for Sharman Networks.
Sony has unveiled its first hard-disk drive-based digital music player to bear the Walkman name. The device was launched on Thursday as the Walkman brand marked its 25th anniversary.
Given that FourTet’s music is generated electronically it may come as a bit of a surprise that the hardware of choice when this UK act performs live is a rather simple affair.
If your coffee table doesn't have enough remotes already, SnapStream Media Inc. is now offering the Firefly, a handheld remote device that helps you navigate from afar your PC's music, photo, and video content -- and, with a new version of its softwa...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
- Apple Music in iTunes just got more enjoyable and easier to use
- Spotify skyrockets to 40 million paid subscribers, more than doubling Apple Music
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC