321 Studios, which sells software for copying DVDs, games and other content, may go out of business because of yet another lawsuit challenging the legality of one of its products.
Dell will introduce new consumer products in the months leading up to the holiday shopping seasons including new printers, plasma televisions, and music players, company executives said Monday.
Sharman Networks this week appealed an Order in the Federal Court, issued against it earlier this year by the Australian music industry.
Microsoft is inviting all comers to test the next version of its Windows Media Player, which has a streamlined interface and new features that better support portable devices.
Sony announced Thursday its first hard disk drive-based portable media player to support both audio and video.
The record industry's bid for material seized in raids on Sharman Networks received the green light on Friday after a Federal Court judge ordered requests for the documents be met within 14 days.
Mass merchant, Harvey Norman, launched a digital radio display centre last week as its first public step towards the market.
The PlayFair free software project is back online, with both the maintainer of the project and the hosting service willing to face a legal challenge from Apple Computer.
Samsung Electronic is unveiling new digital audio players, which the company claims are the smallest of their kind.
Roxio, parent company of the Napster online music store and service, beat Wall Street's revenue forecast Wednesday and posted a net loss for its fourth quarter that was smaller than expected. It also predicted continued revenue growth for its Napster...
Sony America joined the online music market Tuesday with the launch of Connect.
The PlayFair free software project is likely to come online again soon, despite efforts by Apple Computer to close it down.
With an eye to capturing a larger share of the budding market for online music and movie distribution software, Microsoft Corp. announced Monday a new version of its copyright protection software that will allow users to play rented content on portab...
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed 477 more lawsuits against people trading unauthorised music online, including lawsuits against 69 people who allegedly used university networks to download music.
A quick-thinking Sydney developer is cashing in on the iPod and file-sharing phenomena, and has launched what he claims is the iPod's first Web server.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
- Spotify has 100 million users but Apple Music remains a threat
- Google's Magenta project just wrote its first piece of music, and thankfully it's not great
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCPricing ManagerNSW