Dell will introduce new consumer products in the months leading up to the holiday shopping seasons including new printers, plasma televisions, and music players, company executives said Monday.
Sharman Networks this week appealed an Order in the Federal Court, issued against it earlier this year by the Australian music industry.
Microsoft is inviting all comers to test the next version of its Windows Media Player, which has a streamlined interface and new features that better support portable devices.
Sony announced Thursday its first hard disk drive-based portable media player to support both audio and video.
The record industry's bid for material seized in raids on Sharman Networks received the green light on Friday after a Federal Court judge ordered requests for the documents be met within 14 days.
Mass merchant, Harvey Norman, launched a digital radio display centre last week as its first public step towards the market.
The PlayFair free software project is back online, with both the maintainer of the project and the hosting service willing to face a legal challenge from Apple Computer.
Samsung Electronic is unveiling new digital audio players, which the company claims are the smallest of their kind.
Roxio, parent company of the Napster online music store and service, beat Wall Street's revenue forecast Wednesday and posted a net loss for its fourth quarter that was smaller than expected. It also predicted continued revenue growth for its Napster...
Sony America joined the online music market Tuesday with the launch of Connect.
The PlayFair free software project is likely to come online again soon, despite efforts by Apple Computer to close it down.
With an eye to capturing a larger share of the budding market for online music and movie distribution software, Microsoft Corp. announced Monday a new version of its copyright protection software that will allow users to play rented content on portab...
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed 477 more lawsuits against people trading unauthorised music online, including lawsuits against 69 people who allegedly used university networks to download music.
A quick-thinking Sydney developer is cashing in on the iPod and file-sharing phenomena, and has launched what he claims is the iPod's first Web server.
Ninemsn entered the legal music downloads market last night, offerring 200,000 songs across major and independent labels with prices ranging from $1.45 to $1.89.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Spotify has 100 million users but Apple Music remains a threat
- Google's Magenta project just wrote its first piece of music, and thankfully it's not great
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
- Podcasts are now on the air in Google Play Music
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW