New legislation introduced late Tuesday by a group of powerful U.S. senators would allow artists and entertainment companies to sue creators of products, such as peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software, that "induce" copyright violations.
Digital media company Loudeye will acquire On Demand Distribution (OD2), Europe's largest online distributor of music, for at least US$38.2 million, the companies announced Tuesday.
Toshiba will launch three new models of its Gigabeat digital music player in Japan over the next three months and says it is considering launching the devices outside of Japan.
A proprietary compression algorithm will power a new high-quality mobile phone music service to be launched by Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) next month.
Napster is giving away digital music players to new subscribers to its music download service.
321 Studios, which sells software for copying DVDs, games and other content, may go out of business because of yet another lawsuit challenging the legality of one of its products.
Dell will introduce new consumer products in the months leading up to the holiday shopping seasons including new printers, plasma televisions, and music players, company executives said Monday.
Sharman Networks this week appealed an Order in the Federal Court, issued against it earlier this year by the Australian music industry.
Microsoft is inviting all comers to test the next version of its Windows Media Player, which has a streamlined interface and new features that better support portable devices.
Sony announced Thursday its first hard disk drive-based portable media player to support both audio and video.
The record industry's bid for material seized in raids on Sharman Networks received the green light on Friday after a Federal Court judge ordered requests for the documents be met within 14 days.
Mass merchant, Harvey Norman, launched a digital radio display centre last week as its first public step towards the market.
The PlayFair free software project is back online, with both the maintainer of the project and the hosting service willing to face a legal challenge from Apple Computer.
Samsung Electronic is unveiling new digital audio players, which the company claims are the smallest of their kind.
Roxio, parent company of the Napster online music store and service, beat Wall Street's revenue forecast Wednesday and posted a net loss for its fourth quarter that was smaller than expected. It also predicted continued revenue growth for its Napster...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
- Apple Music in iTunes just got more enjoyable and easier to use
- Spotify skyrockets to 40 million paid subscribers, more than doubling Apple Music
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA