Sony has unveiled its first hard-disk drive-based digital music player to bear the Walkman name. The device was launched on Thursday as the Walkman brand marked its 25th anniversary.
Digital Music - News
Given that FourTet’s music is generated electronically it may come as a bit of a surprise that the hardware of choice when this UK act performs live is a rather simple affair.
If your coffee table doesn't have enough remotes already, SnapStream Media Inc. is now offering the Firefly, a handheld remote device that helps you navigate from afar your PC's music, photo, and video content -- and, with a new version of its softwa...
New legislation introduced late Tuesday by a group of powerful U.S. senators would allow artists and entertainment companies to sue creators of products, such as peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software, that "induce" copyright violations.
Digital media company Loudeye will acquire On Demand Distribution (OD2), Europe's largest online distributor of music, for at least US$38.2 million, the companies announced Tuesday.
Toshiba will launch three new models of its Gigabeat digital music player in Japan over the next three months and says it is considering launching the devices outside of Japan.
A proprietary compression algorithm will power a new high-quality mobile phone music service to be launched by Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) next month.
Napster is giving away digital music players to new subscribers to its music download service.
321 Studios, which sells software for copying DVDs, games and other content, may go out of business because of yet another lawsuit challenging the legality of one of its products.
Dell will introduce new consumer products in the months leading up to the holiday shopping seasons including new printers, plasma televisions, and music players, company executives said Monday.
Sharman Networks this week appealed an Order in the Federal Court, issued against it earlier this year by the Australian music industry.
Microsoft is inviting all comers to test the next version of its Windows Media Player, which has a streamlined interface and new features that better support portable devices.
Sony announced Thursday its first hard disk drive-based portable media player to support both audio and video.
The record industry's bid for material seized in raids on Sharman Networks received the green light on Friday after a Federal Court judge ordered requests for the documents be met within 14 days.
Mass merchant, Harvey Norman, launched a digital radio display centre last week as its first public step towards the market.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTProgram ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)SA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCJava DeveloperWA