Sony America joined the online music market Tuesday with the launch of Connect.
The PlayFair free software project is likely to come online again soon, despite efforts by Apple Computer to close it down.
With an eye to capturing a larger share of the budding market for online music and movie distribution software, Microsoft Corp. announced Monday a new version of its copyright protection software that will allow users to play rented content on portab...
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed 477 more lawsuits against people trading unauthorised music online, including lawsuits against 69 people who allegedly used university networks to download music.
A quick-thinking Sydney developer is cashing in on the iPod and file-sharing phenomena, and has launched what he claims is the iPod's first Web server.
Ninemsn entered the legal music downloads market last night, offerring 200,000 songs across major and independent labels with prices ranging from $1.45 to $1.89.
The movie industry's chief Internet enforcer visited Australia last week to shore up support for identifying and prosecuting file traders that infringe copyright.
Morpheus users who rely on the peer-to-peer service to swap files will soon have another option to get connected: The Morpheus Voicebox, which lets you turn a household landline phone into an Internet-based, Voice-over-IP telephone.
It's revolutionised downloading and could lead to a landmark court decision in the clash between peer-to-peer networks and copyright owners. The KaZaA Media Desktop is loved by millions of people the world over, but some influential music industry he...
A punk rocker defended file-sharing sites while a music industry representative quoted a rapper blasting the practice, in a lively debate before hundreds of American University students.
Digital Fountain this week announced it is taking its file transfer technology mobile, signing deals with automaker Honda (a financial backer of the company) and XM Radio.
RealNetworks Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Rob Glaser has urged Apple Computer's CEO Steve Jobs to partner its digital music businesses against rival Microsoft, according to a report published Thursday in The New York Times online editio...
The announcement Monday of a settlement in the patent dispute between InterTrust Technologies and Microsoft marked a new beginning for the company and the end of another long and ultimately fruitless battle for the Redmond, Washington, software make...
Recently joined to the record industry's lawsuit against KaZaA, Altnet is the paid download service the major labels detest. Available through KaZaA and other peer-to-peer program searches, Altnet's paid downloads have gained exposure to a global aud...
A "highly critical" hole in one of the most-used pieces of software in the world means that audio files will be music to hackers' ears.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
- Apple Music in iTunes just got more enjoyable and easier to use
- Spotify skyrockets to 40 million paid subscribers, more than doubling Apple Music
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW