The PlayFair free software project is back online, with both the maintainer of the project and the hosting service willing to face a legal challenge from Apple Computer.
Digital Music - News
Samsung Electronic is unveiling new digital audio players, which the company claims are the smallest of their kind.
Roxio, parent company of the Napster online music store and service, beat Wall Street's revenue forecast Wednesday and posted a net loss for its fourth quarter that was smaller than expected. It also predicted continued revenue growth for its Napster...
Sony America joined the online music market Tuesday with the launch of Connect.
The PlayFair free software project is likely to come online again soon, despite efforts by Apple Computer to close it down.
With an eye to capturing a larger share of the budding market for online music and movie distribution software, Microsoft Corp. announced Monday a new version of its copyright protection software that will allow users to play rented content on portab...
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed 477 more lawsuits against people trading unauthorised music online, including lawsuits against 69 people who allegedly used university networks to download music.
A quick-thinking Sydney developer is cashing in on the iPod and file-sharing phenomena, and has launched what he claims is the iPod's first Web server.
Ninemsn entered the legal music downloads market last night, offerring 200,000 songs across major and independent labels with prices ranging from $1.45 to $1.89.
The movie industry's chief Internet enforcer visited Australia last week to shore up support for identifying and prosecuting file traders that infringe copyright.
Morpheus users who rely on the peer-to-peer service to swap files will soon have another option to get connected: The Morpheus Voicebox, which lets you turn a household landline phone into an Internet-based, Voice-over-IP telephone.
It's revolutionised downloading and could lead to a landmark court decision in the clash between peer-to-peer networks and copyright owners. The KaZaA Media Desktop is loved by millions of people the world over, but some influential music industry he...
A punk rocker defended file-sharing sites while a music industry representative quoted a rapper blasting the practice, in a lively debate before hundreds of American University students.
Digital Fountain this week announced it is taking its file transfer technology mobile, signing deals with automaker Honda (a financial backer of the company) and XM Radio.
RealNetworks Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Rob Glaser has urged Apple Computer's CEO Steve Jobs to partner its digital music businesses against rival Microsoft, according to a report published Thursday in The New York Times online editio...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW