Ninemsn entered the legal music downloads market last night, offerring 200,000 songs across major and independent labels with prices ranging from $1.45 to $1.89.
The movie industry's chief Internet enforcer visited Australia last week to shore up support for identifying and prosecuting file traders that infringe copyright.
Morpheus users who rely on the peer-to-peer service to swap files will soon have another option to get connected: The Morpheus Voicebox, which lets you turn a household landline phone into an Internet-based, Voice-over-IP telephone.
It's revolutionised downloading and could lead to a landmark court decision in the clash between peer-to-peer networks and copyright owners. The KaZaA Media Desktop is loved by millions of people the world over, but some influential music industry he...
A punk rocker defended file-sharing sites while a music industry representative quoted a rapper blasting the practice, in a lively debate before hundreds of American University students.
Digital Fountain this week announced it is taking its file transfer technology mobile, signing deals with automaker Honda (a financial backer of the company) and XM Radio.
RealNetworks Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Rob Glaser has urged Apple Computer's CEO Steve Jobs to partner its digital music businesses against rival Microsoft, according to a report published Thursday in The New York Times online editio...
The announcement Monday of a settlement in the patent dispute between InterTrust Technologies and Microsoft marked a new beginning for the company and the end of another long and ultimately fruitless battle for the Redmond, Washington, software make...
Recently joined to the record industry's lawsuit against KaZaA, Altnet is the paid download service the major labels detest. Available through KaZaA and other peer-to-peer program searches, Altnet's paid downloads have gained exposure to a global aud...
A "highly critical" hole in one of the most-used pieces of software in the world means that audio files will be music to hackers' ears.
Stepping up its campaign against online music sharing, the recording industry on Tuesday said 247 individuals in Denmark, Germany, Italy and Canada face legal action for allegedly making copyright-protected music available on file-swapping services.
Apple Computer is attempting to patent the user interface for its iPod music player with the US government.
Apple’s iPod has confirmed its mass market appeal with the news that Myer, Megamart, Target and Domayne stores are to stock the top performing music player.
Apple’s forecasting has let down its international channel yet again.
The British music industry is following its U.S. counterparts' example in taking a hard line against individuals illegally sharing music online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
- Spotify has 100 million users but Apple Music remains a threat
- Google's Magenta project just wrote its first piece of music, and thankfully it's not great
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia