The announcement Monday of a settlement in the patent dispute between InterTrust Technologies and Microsoft marked a new beginning for the company and the end of another long and ultimately fruitless battle for the Redmond, Washington, software make...
Digital Music - News
Recently joined to the record industry's lawsuit against KaZaA, Altnet is the paid download service the major labels detest. Available through KaZaA and other peer-to-peer program searches, Altnet's paid downloads have gained exposure to a global aud...
A "highly critical" hole in one of the most-used pieces of software in the world means that audio files will be music to hackers' ears.
Stepping up its campaign against online music sharing, the recording industry on Tuesday said 247 individuals in Denmark, Germany, Italy and Canada face legal action for allegedly making copyright-protected music available on file-swapping services.
Apple Computer is attempting to patent the user interface for its iPod music player with the US government.
Apple’s iPod has confirmed its mass market appeal with the news that Myer, Megamart, Target and Domayne stores are to stock the top performing music player.
Apple’s forecasting has let down its international channel yet again.
The British music industry is following its U.S. counterparts' example in taking a hard line against individuals illegally sharing music online.
The recording industry continued its legal assault against individuals accused of sharing copyright music, filing 532 more lawsuits against peer-to-peer (P-to-P) network users Tuesday, including 89 against individuals using university networks.
The Federal Court has added US peer-to-peer giant Altnet to the list of defendants in the Australian record industry's copyright case against KaZaA owner Sharman Networks.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. officially launched an online music store it began testing in December, joining an increasingly crowded field of vendors that are selling songs over the Internet.
The Web site of the Recording Industry Association of America has been down since Wednesday, most likely the victim of a variant of the Mydoom virus.
A 36-year-old Dunedin, New Zealand, man who has admitted breaking into the computer system of an American company will argue about just how much damage he caused in a special hearing.
Peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file-swapping software makers could soon find themselves under closer legal scrutiny from the attorneys general of several U.S. states. A P-to-P industry advocacy group this week distributed a leaked draft copy of a letter appar...
Kazaa owner Sharman Networks is continuing its bid to have an order against it dropped by the Federal court. The company lodged an application on Thursday asking for leave to appeal on a ruling made last week.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)VIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)ACT
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorNSW
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- CCJunior Data ArchitectACT
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC