Three Canberra musicians are making digital music by hand, using sensors strapped to their fingers to generate sound through a laptop network.
Media player company RealNetworks has consolidated its headstart on phones, with a deal to put its player on Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB handsets in Europe.
Executives in the recording industry weren't the only ones cheering last Friday's raid on the headquarters of Sharman Networks Ltd., which makes and distributes Kazaa peer-to-peer software. At least one chief executive officer of a peer-to-peer (P-to...
Sharman Networks Ltd., the owner and distributor of the Kazaa peer-to-peer (P-to-P) network, said Tuesday that it has applied to have a court order set aside after a raid last week by Music Industry Piracy Investigations (MIPI), a subsidiary of the A...
RealNetworks's media player software contains vulnerabilities that could let an attacker take control of a PC on which the software is used to download multimedia files, the company confirmed last week.
Investigators working for the Australian Recording Industry Association raided the offices of Sharman Networks Ltd., makers of Kazaa peer-to-peer file-sharing software, last Friday searching for evidence linking the company to copyright infringement,...
Consumers craving for instantly accessible online music will shape the rapidly growing market and ultimately decide the best delivery model, according to BigPond’s managing director Justin Milne.
Students at the University of Rochester, in New York, will soon be offered free access to the Napster music subscription service, in a deal aimed at stamping out online piracy.
Questions about two copyright cases and two technologies, separated by almost twenty years of technological innovation, dominated an appeals court hearing Tuesday that is pitting peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file sharing software companies against leading e...
Attorneys for entertainment companies and peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software makers will return to court in California on Tuesday to present arguments in a case testing the legality of popular Internet file-sharing services.
Roxio Inc. on Wednesday updated its Napster LLC online music service by increasing the number of portable audio players onto which users can directly drag-and-drop tracks from the Napster application, the company said.
According to a report from the IFPI, the organization that represents the international recording industry, the music industry's internet strategy is "turning the corner".
After suffering a legal defeat in December, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is modifying its approach to pursuing online file swappers, but pushing on with its program to stop illegal file trading with lawsuits, RIAA President Ca...
Telstra on Thursday became the first ISP in Australia to offer paid music downloads after launching a service that has more record label support than its competitors.
Microsoft will change its "Shop for Music Online" feature in Windows XP so that it does not automatically invoke the Internet Explorer (IE) Web browser, thus complying with a U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) mandate.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
- Spotify has 100 million users but Apple Music remains a threat
- Google's Magenta project just wrote its first piece of music, and thankfully it's not great
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCFacilities ManagerACT
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW