Intel CEO, Craig Barrett, has called for the adoption of a worldwide digital rights management (DRM) system that allows consumers the flexibility to manipulate the content they own in ways of their choosing.
Sharman Networks, the owner and distributor of the Kazaa peer-to-peer (P-to-P) network, argued its case on Friday in the Federal Court of Australia against charges brought by Music Industry Piracy Investigations (MIPI), a subsidiary of the Australian...
Microsoft in a legal filing Friday denied all charges brought against it last year by rival RealNetworks and argued that RealNetworks has no right to complain.
Local startup Mulemusic has officially taken on the giants of paid music downloads, launching a site with four record labels' catalogues on offer.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is continuing its tactic of filing suits against anonymous John Doe computer users who the organisation accuses of illegally sharing copyright material over peer-to-peer networks.
Three Canberra musicians are making digital music by hand, using sensors strapped to their fingers to generate sound through a laptop network.
Media player company RealNetworks has consolidated its headstart on phones, with a deal to put its player on Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB handsets in Europe.
Executives in the recording industry weren't the only ones cheering last Friday's raid on the headquarters of Sharman Networks Ltd., which makes and distributes Kazaa peer-to-peer software. At least one chief executive officer of a peer-to-peer (P-to...
Sharman Networks Ltd., the owner and distributor of the Kazaa peer-to-peer (P-to-P) network, said Tuesday that it has applied to have a court order set aside after a raid last week by Music Industry Piracy Investigations (MIPI), a subsidiary of the A...
RealNetworks's media player software contains vulnerabilities that could let an attacker take control of a PC on which the software is used to download multimedia files, the company confirmed last week.
Investigators working for the Australian Recording Industry Association raided the offices of Sharman Networks Ltd., makers of Kazaa peer-to-peer file-sharing software, last Friday searching for evidence linking the company to copyright infringement,...
Consumers craving for instantly accessible online music will shape the rapidly growing market and ultimately decide the best delivery model, according to BigPond’s managing director Justin Milne.
Students at the University of Rochester, in New York, will soon be offered free access to the Napster music subscription service, in a deal aimed at stamping out online piracy.
Questions about two copyright cases and two technologies, separated by almost twenty years of technological innovation, dominated an appeals court hearing Tuesday that is pitting peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file sharing software companies against leading e...
Attorneys for entertainment companies and peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software makers will return to court in California on Tuesday to present arguments in a case testing the legality of popular Internet file-sharing services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
- Apple Music in iTunes just got more enjoyable and easier to use
- Spotify skyrockets to 40 million paid subscribers, more than doubling Apple Music
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA