In an effort to help its large-scale customers conserve bandwidth and speed up the delivery of online music, Napster is using open standards technology from IBM as part of a cache-management system, the company announced Wednesday.
Digital Music - News
Hitachi sees a bright picture for the future of its hard-disk drive business, a sizable portion of which was purchased just over a year ago from IBM, thanks to the increasing demands for physically small, high-capacity drives for use in consumer ele...
A representative of five peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software vendors have called on the U.S. Congress to force the entertainment industry to license content to P-to-P vendors if music and movie companies don't voluntarily license their products.
Intel CEO, Craig Barrett, has called for the adoption of a worldwide digital rights management (DRM) system that allows consumers the flexibility to manipulate the content they own in ways of their choosing.
Sharman Networks, the owner and distributor of the Kazaa peer-to-peer (P-to-P) network, argued its case on Friday in the Federal Court of Australia against charges brought by Music Industry Piracy Investigations (MIPI), a subsidiary of the Australian...
Microsoft in a legal filing Friday denied all charges brought against it last year by rival RealNetworks and argued that RealNetworks has no right to complain.
Local startup Mulemusic has officially taken on the giants of paid music downloads, launching a site with four record labels' catalogues on offer.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is continuing its tactic of filing suits against anonymous John Doe computer users who the organisation accuses of illegally sharing copyright material over peer-to-peer networks.
Three Canberra musicians are making digital music by hand, using sensors strapped to their fingers to generate sound through a laptop network.
Media player company RealNetworks has consolidated its headstart on phones, with a deal to put its player on Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB handsets in Europe.
Executives in the recording industry weren't the only ones cheering last Friday's raid on the headquarters of Sharman Networks Ltd., which makes and distributes Kazaa peer-to-peer software. At least one chief executive officer of a peer-to-peer (P-to...
Sharman Networks Ltd., the owner and distributor of the Kazaa peer-to-peer (P-to-P) network, said Tuesday that it has applied to have a court order set aside after a raid last week by Music Industry Piracy Investigations (MIPI), a subsidiary of the A...
RealNetworks's media player software contains vulnerabilities that could let an attacker take control of a PC on which the software is used to download multimedia files, the company confirmed last week.
Investigators working for the Australian Recording Industry Association raided the offices of Sharman Networks Ltd., makers of Kazaa peer-to-peer file-sharing software, last Friday searching for evidence linking the company to copyright infringement,...
Consumers craving for instantly accessible online music will shape the rapidly growing market and ultimately decide the best delivery model, according to BigPond’s managing director Justin Milne.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest LeadQLD
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End Developer / UXNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- FTApplication DeveloperWA
- CCSAP GRC ConsultantACT
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW