Beginning Feb. 15, US consumers can plug into Napster LLC's digital music service by purchasing a "Napster Burnpak" from retailer Target Corp., part of Napster's continued creative marketing push to take on market leader Apple Computer Inc.'s iTunes....
RealNetworks plans to announce a major new release of its media player that has a digital music store built into it, beating perennial cross-town rival Microsoft to the punch.
The Belgian consumer group Test-Aankoop is suing the world's four biggest music companies, accusing them of unfairly using copy protection technology to keep consumers from fully using their legally bought CDs.
The number of U.S. Internet users downloading peer-to-peer (P-to-P) music files has significantly dropped in recent months, according to a new study proposing that recording industry lawsuits against individual downloaders could have contributed to t...
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) does not have the authority under U.S. law to subpoena the names of alleged peer-to-peer file traders from ISPs (Internet service providers), a federal appellate court ruled Friday.
RealNetworks has filed a lawsuit against Microsoft, alleging that the Redmond, Washington, software giant has illegally used its power as a monopoly to control the digital media market.
A local Internet startup will pit itself against a group of music retailers' download services when mulemusic.com.au launches before year's end.
Canadians can legally download peer-to-peer music files, although uploading them is still illegal, the Canadian Copyright Board ruled Friday.
Digital media company Loudeye and Microsoft on Monday partnered to launch offerings that will help companies set up branded online music services.
Three Australian music retailers and an e-tailer yesterday launched paid music download services, offering almost 100,000 tracks from two major record labels.
In the latest effort to respond to the threat from online piracy, a group of large media and technology companies on Wednesday unveiled a new specification for a technology that will distribute digital content to consumers online while honoring compl...
Coca-Cola Corp. is aiming to enter the growing music download market by launching its own download service in the U.K. in January.
Online publishing giant ninemsn has announced plans to launch its own online music store in Australia.
As digital music site MP3.com prepares to go silent Tuesday under new ownership, mobile media group Primetones.com warned this week that over a million tracks from independent artists could be lost in the shuffle.
Via their mobile phones, music lovers in the UK can now legally download tunes to a new music player device equipped with DRM (Digital Rights Management) controls and advanced compression technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Free Spotify Premium for Vodafone customers
- Sony to restart Blu-ray Disc production in late May
- YouTube Live: The makeover continues
- Sony to launch streaming music on PSP
- Time Warner asks judge to decide on iPad streaming
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT