Students at the University of Rochester, in New York, will soon be offered free access to the Napster music subscription service, in a deal aimed at stamping out online piracy.
Digital Music - News
Questions about two copyright cases and two technologies, separated by almost twenty years of technological innovation, dominated an appeals court hearing Tuesday that is pitting peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file sharing software companies against leading e...
Attorneys for entertainment companies and peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software makers will return to court in California on Tuesday to present arguments in a case testing the legality of popular Internet file-sharing services.
Roxio Inc. on Wednesday updated its Napster LLC online music service by increasing the number of portable audio players onto which users can directly drag-and-drop tracks from the Napster application, the company said.
According to a report from the IFPI, the organization that represents the international recording industry, the music industry's internet strategy is "turning the corner".
After suffering a legal defeat in December, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is modifying its approach to pursuing online file swappers, but pushing on with its program to stop illegal file trading with lawsuits, RIAA President Ca...
Telstra on Thursday became the first ISP in Australia to offer paid music downloads after launching a service that has more record label support than its competitors.
Microsoft will change its "Shop for Music Online" feature in Windows XP so that it does not automatically invoke the Internet Explorer (IE) Web browser, thus complying with a U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) mandate.
Sony took the wraps off its first hard-disk drive based audio player Wednesday, saying the gadget, which will be sold under its Aiwa brand-name, will be available worldwide from April.
Sheryl Crow, Dr. Dre and Alicia Keys were a few of the big-name artists who joined Carly Fiorina on stage at the Consumer Electronics Show Thursday, where the Hewlett-Packard (HP) chief executive took perhaps the toughest stand yet by a technology in...
Film and video companies must accelerate adoption of digital media technologies or face a surge in online piracy like the music industry did, RealNetworks Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rob Glaser said Friday.
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) plans to release a digital music player later this year based on Apple Computer Inc.'s iPod in a partnership between the companies announced Thursday at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) here in Las Vegas.
Sony Corp. showed off a host of new technologies at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Wednesday, including a touchscreen display that will let users wirelessly access video content around their homes, and a music download service.
The iPod now has a sibling. Apple Computer Inc.'s Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs unveiled a slimmed down companion to its iPod portable music player during a keynote address at Apple's user conference in San Francisco on Tuesday. The announcement...
RealNetworks Inc. will announce this week a major new release of its media player that has a digital music store built into it, beating perennial cross-town rival Microsoft Corp. to the punch.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- TPProject ManagerOther
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- TPData AnalystWA
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantQLD
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect l Practice Manager - Archimate 3.0, eTOMNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW