Roxio Inc. on Wednesday updated its Napster LLC online music service by increasing the number of portable audio players onto which users can directly drag-and-drop tracks from the Napster application, the company said.
According to a report from the IFPI, the organization that represents the international recording industry, the music industry's internet strategy is "turning the corner".
After suffering a legal defeat in December, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is modifying its approach to pursuing online file swappers, but pushing on with its program to stop illegal file trading with lawsuits, RIAA President Ca...
Telstra on Thursday became the first ISP in Australia to offer paid music downloads after launching a service that has more record label support than its competitors.
Microsoft will change its "Shop for Music Online" feature in Windows XP so that it does not automatically invoke the Internet Explorer (IE) Web browser, thus complying with a U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) mandate.
Sony took the wraps off its first hard-disk drive based audio player Wednesday, saying the gadget, which will be sold under its Aiwa brand-name, will be available worldwide from April.
Sheryl Crow, Dr. Dre and Alicia Keys were a few of the big-name artists who joined Carly Fiorina on stage at the Consumer Electronics Show Thursday, where the Hewlett-Packard (HP) chief executive took perhaps the toughest stand yet by a technology in...
Film and video companies must accelerate adoption of digital media technologies or face a surge in online piracy like the music industry did, RealNetworks Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rob Glaser said Friday.
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) plans to release a digital music player later this year based on Apple Computer Inc.'s iPod in a partnership between the companies announced Thursday at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) here in Las Vegas.
Sony Corp. showed off a host of new technologies at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Wednesday, including a touchscreen display that will let users wirelessly access video content around their homes, and a music download service.
The iPod now has a sibling. Apple Computer Inc.'s Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs unveiled a slimmed down companion to its iPod portable music player during a keynote address at Apple's user conference in San Francisco on Tuesday. The announcement...
RealNetworks Inc. will announce this week a major new release of its media player that has a digital music store built into it, beating perennial cross-town rival Microsoft Corp. to the punch.
Beginning Feb. 15, US consumers can plug into Napster LLC's digital music service by purchasing a "Napster Burnpak" from retailer Target Corp., part of Napster's continued creative marketing push to take on market leader Apple Computer Inc.'s iTunes....
RealNetworks plans to announce a major new release of its media player that has a digital music store built into it, beating perennial cross-town rival Microsoft to the punch.
The Belgian consumer group Test-Aankoop is suing the world's four biggest music companies, accusing them of unfairly using copy protection technology to keep consumers from fully using their legally bought CDs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
- Apple Music in iTunes just got more enjoyable and easier to use
- Spotify skyrockets to 40 million paid subscribers, more than doubling Apple Music
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW