Sheryl Crow, Dr. Dre and Alicia Keys were a few of the big-name artists who joined Carly Fiorina on stage at the Consumer Electronics Show Thursday, where the Hewlett-Packard (HP) chief executive took perhaps the toughest stand yet by a technology in...
Film and video companies must accelerate adoption of digital media technologies or face a surge in online piracy like the music industry did, RealNetworks Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rob Glaser said Friday.
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) plans to release a digital music player later this year based on Apple Computer Inc.'s iPod in a partnership between the companies announced Thursday at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) here in Las Vegas.
Sony Corp. showed off a host of new technologies at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Wednesday, including a touchscreen display that will let users wirelessly access video content around their homes, and a music download service.
The iPod now has a sibling. Apple Computer Inc.'s Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs unveiled a slimmed down companion to its iPod portable music player during a keynote address at Apple's user conference in San Francisco on Tuesday. The announcement...
RealNetworks Inc. will announce this week a major new release of its media player that has a digital music store built into it, beating perennial cross-town rival Microsoft Corp. to the punch.
Beginning Feb. 15, US consumers can plug into Napster LLC's digital music service by purchasing a "Napster Burnpak" from retailer Target Corp., part of Napster's continued creative marketing push to take on market leader Apple Computer Inc.'s iTunes....
RealNetworks plans to announce a major new release of its media player that has a digital music store built into it, beating perennial cross-town rival Microsoft to the punch.
The Belgian consumer group Test-Aankoop is suing the world's four biggest music companies, accusing them of unfairly using copy protection technology to keep consumers from fully using their legally bought CDs.
The number of U.S. Internet users downloading peer-to-peer (P-to-P) music files has significantly dropped in recent months, according to a new study proposing that recording industry lawsuits against individual downloaders could have contributed to t...
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) does not have the authority under U.S. law to subpoena the names of alleged peer-to-peer file traders from ISPs (Internet service providers), a federal appellate court ruled Friday.
RealNetworks has filed a lawsuit against Microsoft, alleging that the Redmond, Washington, software giant has illegally used its power as a monopoly to control the digital media market.
A local Internet startup will pit itself against a group of music retailers' download services when mulemusic.com.au launches before year's end.
Canadians can legally download peer-to-peer music files, although uploading them is still illegal, the Canadian Copyright Board ruled Friday.
Digital media company Loudeye and Microsoft on Monday partnered to launch offerings that will help companies set up branded online music services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Spotify has 100 million users but Apple Music remains a threat
- Google's Magenta project just wrote its first piece of music, and thankfully it's not great
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
- Podcasts are now on the air in Google Play Music
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW