Market research firm, Nielsen/NetRatings Inc. Thursday released a new report that tracks users of RealNetworks Inc., Windows Media Player and Apple Computer Inc.'s QuickTime format.
While the U.S. government is wrapping up its landmark antitrust case against Microsoft Corp., the software maker has been hit with yet another lawsuit this week claiming it violated patents and disclosed trade secrets while creating its "Corona" digi...
Audiogalaxy Inc., the company behind the Audiogalaxy.com peer-to-peer music file sharing service, is to pay music publishers "a substantial sum" and filter out copyright songs from its service as a result of an out-of-court settlement reached with re...
Toshiba Corp. has chosen a removable hard drive for their new portable music player, which means a physically larger player but one with a much greater capacity for your favorite music.
Heightening the tension surrounding the music industry's efforts to guard its content in the digital realm, the five major record labels were hit with a class action lawsuit last week for producing and distributing CDs with copyright protection contr...
Thanks to portable music players such as the iPod with 10GB and higher storage capacity, the digital audio market is entering a new era, according to the In-Stat/MDR research group.
When StreamCast Networks Inc. released the updated version of its Morpheus peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file swapping software last week, it also issued a little taunt at Internet maven America Online Inc. (AOL) in the form of a chat service that is interop...
European data protection watchdogs have played down reports that they might add music-playing software to a list of PC devices they fear breach E.U. data protection laws.
Liquid Audio Inc. said Thursday that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with home entertainment distributor Alliance Entertainment Corp., in a move aimed at creating a major media delivery company with both online and offline clout.
Having struck a deal with online music company Listen.com, Terra Lycos SA unveiled its own online music subscription service Tuesday boasting content from four of the five major labels.
Saying that it is taking longer than anticipated to roll out its newfangled Morpheus 2.0 peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file swapping software, StreamCast Networks Inc. released an interim update to the current Morpheus Preview Edition Monday.
Users of the Kazaa peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file sharing network are unwittingly trading private files due to the confusing and somewhat misleading nature of the software's user interface, a new report indicates.
Via Technologies Inc. unveiled the Envy24HT audio chip at the Computex trade show in Taipei yesterday, offering top notch quality, truly immersive surround sound and extensive expansion capability.
After an almost four month delay over licensing terms of the MPEG-4 technology, Apple Computer Inc. announced the first public release of its QuickTime 6 multimedia player and QuickTime Broadcaster software Tuesday.
Sony Corp. plans to release a new generation of its Memory Stick Duo flash memory card in July, the company announced at its second annual Memory Stick Partners Forum in Tokyo Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Free Spotify Premium for Vodafone customers
- Sony to restart Blu-ray Disc production in late May
- YouTube Live: The makeover continues
- Sony to launch streaming music on PSP
- Time Warner asks judge to decide on iPad streaming
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW