Listen.com Inc. said Monday that it signed a licensing deal with Universal Music Group (UMG), making its Rhapsody digital music subscription service the first to boast content from all five major labels.
If you want to record your own DVD video, transfer old VHS material, or archive nearly 10GB onto a single disc, you'll find plenty to serve your needs in stores this year. A broad selection of DVD devices in the works, including second-generation mod...
Yamaha Electronics Corp. has introduced the CRW-F1, which they modestly describe as "the ultimate CD-Recorders."
A flaw in an antipiracy feature in Microsoft's Windows Media Player could put systems at risk to hacker attacks, Microsoft warned in a security bulletin Wednesday.
Users of RealNetworks's RealOne Player will soon be able to move their digital music to more than 20 of Sony's music devices under a deal recently forged by the two companies.
With the licensing costs of MPEG-4 still at issue for content delivery companies, VP3 makers On2 Technologies Inc. and Vorbis developers Xiph.org today announced a potentially appealing alternative.
Market research firm, Nielsen/NetRatings Inc. Thursday released a new report that tracks users of RealNetworks Inc., Windows Media Player and Apple Computer Inc.'s QuickTime format.
While the U.S. government is wrapping up its landmark antitrust case against Microsoft Corp., the software maker has been hit with yet another lawsuit this week claiming it violated patents and disclosed trade secrets while creating its "Corona" digi...
Audiogalaxy Inc., the company behind the Audiogalaxy.com peer-to-peer music file sharing service, is to pay music publishers "a substantial sum" and filter out copyright songs from its service as a result of an out-of-court settlement reached with re...
Toshiba Corp. has chosen a removable hard drive for their new portable music player, which means a physically larger player but one with a much greater capacity for your favorite music.
Heightening the tension surrounding the music industry's efforts to guard its content in the digital realm, the five major record labels were hit with a class action lawsuit last week for producing and distributing CDs with copyright protection contr...
Thanks to portable music players such as the iPod with 10GB and higher storage capacity, the digital audio market is entering a new era, according to the In-Stat/MDR research group.
When StreamCast Networks Inc. released the updated version of its Morpheus peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file swapping software last week, it also issued a little taunt at Internet maven America Online Inc. (AOL) in the form of a chat service that is interop...
European data protection watchdogs have played down reports that they might add music-playing software to a list of PC devices they fear breach E.U. data protection laws.
Liquid Audio Inc. said Thursday that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with home entertainment distributor Alliance Entertainment Corp., in a move aimed at creating a major media delivery company with both online and offline clout.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Spotify has 100 million users but Apple Music remains a threat
- Google's Magenta project just wrote its first piece of music, and thankfully it's not great
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
- Podcasts are now on the air in Google Play Music
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW