Users of RealNetworks's RealOne Player will soon be able to move their digital music to more than 20 of Sony's music devices under a deal recently forged by the two companies.
With the licensing costs of MPEG-4 still at issue for content delivery companies, VP3 makers On2 Technologies Inc. and Vorbis developers Xiph.org today announced a potentially appealing alternative.
Market research firm, Nielsen/NetRatings Inc. Thursday released a new report that tracks users of RealNetworks Inc., Windows Media Player and Apple Computer Inc.'s QuickTime format.
While the U.S. government is wrapping up its landmark antitrust case against Microsoft Corp., the software maker has been hit with yet another lawsuit this week claiming it violated patents and disclosed trade secrets while creating its "Corona" digi...
Audiogalaxy Inc., the company behind the Audiogalaxy.com peer-to-peer music file sharing service, is to pay music publishers "a substantial sum" and filter out copyright songs from its service as a result of an out-of-court settlement reached with re...
Toshiba Corp. has chosen a removable hard drive for their new portable music player, which means a physically larger player but one with a much greater capacity for your favorite music.
Heightening the tension surrounding the music industry's efforts to guard its content in the digital realm, the five major record labels were hit with a class action lawsuit last week for producing and distributing CDs with copyright protection contr...
Thanks to portable music players such as the iPod with 10GB and higher storage capacity, the digital audio market is entering a new era, according to the In-Stat/MDR research group.
When StreamCast Networks Inc. released the updated version of its Morpheus peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file swapping software last week, it also issued a little taunt at Internet maven America Online Inc. (AOL) in the form of a chat service that is interop...
European data protection watchdogs have played down reports that they might add music-playing software to a list of PC devices they fear breach E.U. data protection laws.
Liquid Audio Inc. said Thursday that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with home entertainment distributor Alliance Entertainment Corp., in a move aimed at creating a major media delivery company with both online and offline clout.
Having struck a deal with online music company Listen.com, Terra Lycos SA unveiled its own online music subscription service Tuesday boasting content from four of the five major labels.
Saying that it is taking longer than anticipated to roll out its newfangled Morpheus 2.0 peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file swapping software, StreamCast Networks Inc. released an interim update to the current Morpheus Preview Edition Monday.
Users of the Kazaa peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file sharing network are unwittingly trading private files due to the confusing and somewhat misleading nature of the software's user interface, a new report indicates.
Via Technologies Inc. unveiled the Envy24HT audio chip at the Computex trade show in Taipei yesterday, offering top notch quality, truly immersive surround sound and extensive expansion capability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Podcasts are now on the air in Google Play Music
- Denon's latest S-Series A/V receivers are built for 4K Ultra HD video and 3D audio
- Free Spotify Premium for Vodafone customers
- Sony to restart Blu-ray Disc production in late May
- YouTube Live: The makeover continues
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW