After a long and torrid courtship, Bertelsmann AG said Friday that it has agreed to purchase Napster for US$8 million, and is reinstating Konrad Hilbers at the helm of the troubled song-swapping service.
The budding Internet radio industry is squaring off against the recording industry, saying a proposed new fee for Webcasting music could run Web radio out of business.
By now many consumers are aware that the music industry is beginning to press audio discs that have been copy protected to prevent them from being ripped to MP3 on a PC or Macintosh. But did you know that in some cases, if you insert such a disc, you...
I just drove from my home (north of Los Angeles) to Las Vegas, a pleasant five-and-a-half-hour jaunt. It was great - I loaded up the CD cartridge, packed it into the car, cranked up the volume and rocked out, baby.
The chief executive officer of embattled file-sharing company Napster Inc. has resigned, the company confirmed in a statement Tuesday.
Mobile phones should be able to hold twice as many rings, MP3 players twice as many songs, and cameras twice as many photos at the same price, using flash memory chips that Advanced Micro Devices Inc. said on Monday it has begun sampling.
Last year when Apple Computer introduced the iPod, some analysts suggested the unit's price would be a turn-off to consumers. Now another major player in portable music is bullish on high priced large-capacity digital music players: Sonicblue, which ...
Companion Engineering & Design on Tuesday announced Intuem. Intuem is a MIDI-based music authoring application for Mac OS X that has been developed specifically for education and home use.
Transcend Information on Monday introduced a new line of adapters and a reader/writer intended for users of Memory Stick media. Memory Sticks are used extensively in Sony Corp.-branded digital cameras and digital music players and other devices.
You might want to stock up on CD and DVD burners now, before both are considered contraband. That's no joke: Hollywood wants to put hardware-based copy protection into everything from PCs to MP3 players. And Congress is giving the idea serious consi...
Digital FireworX for Mac OS X has been released by SkyRockets Multimedia. It's a computer generated fireworks simulation that uses real digitized fireworks sounds for enhanced realism.
RealNetworks and Sony have extended their partnership in the area of digital audio and video, announcing a revised agreement Tuesday that should help both companies widen the reach of their respective digital media technologies.
Internet radio listeners will get a taste of what Web radio may sound like in the future Wednesday when hundreds of Web broadcasters go silent in protest of Webcaster royalty rates recently proposed by a U.S. government panel.
Signalling a new direction for online music services, Liquid Audio launched the BurnITFIRST digital music subscription service this week, offering users the ability to burn CDs and transfer music to portable devices.
A British student is to be ordered to shut his Web site by file-sharing service Kazaa BV or face legal action.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Spotify has 100 million users but Apple Music remains a threat
- Google's Magenta project just wrote its first piece of music, and thankfully it's not great
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
- Podcasts are now on the air in Google Play Music
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia