Last year when Apple Computer introduced the iPod, some analysts suggested the unit's price would be a turn-off to consumers. Now another major player in portable music is bullish on high priced large-capacity digital music players: Sonicblue, which ...
Companion Engineering & Design on Tuesday announced Intuem. Intuem is a MIDI-based music authoring application for Mac OS X that has been developed specifically for education and home use.
Transcend Information on Monday introduced a new line of adapters and a reader/writer intended for users of Memory Stick media. Memory Sticks are used extensively in Sony Corp.-branded digital cameras and digital music players and other devices.
You might want to stock up on CD and DVD burners now, before both are considered contraband. That's no joke: Hollywood wants to put hardware-based copy protection into everything from PCs to MP3 players. And Congress is giving the idea serious consi...
Digital FireworX for Mac OS X has been released by SkyRockets Multimedia. It's a computer generated fireworks simulation that uses real digitized fireworks sounds for enhanced realism.
RealNetworks and Sony have extended their partnership in the area of digital audio and video, announcing a revised agreement Tuesday that should help both companies widen the reach of their respective digital media technologies.
Internet radio listeners will get a taste of what Web radio may sound like in the future Wednesday when hundreds of Web broadcasters go silent in protest of Webcaster royalty rates recently proposed by a U.S. government panel.
Signalling a new direction for online music services, Liquid Audio launched the BurnITFIRST digital music subscription service this week, offering users the ability to burn CDs and transfer music to portable devices.
A British student is to be ordered to shut his Web site by file-sharing service Kazaa BV or face legal action.
The next-generation video standard known as MPEG-4 promises to dazzle you with fast, high-definition video on your desktop and TV. But developers enthusiastic about the technology warn that nagging licensing issues could hobble its release.
The folks at Fidelity Media have just released the latest beta of MegaSeg beta, the MP3 and QuickTime DJ software.
Citing both Apple Computer and Sony's intentions to become the hub of the digital lifestyle, Popular Science has pitted an US$1,800 800MHz flat-panel iMac up against a $3,400 Sony Vaio PCV-MXS10 to see which really comes out on top. The new compariso...
Say hello to Figleaf, a solution for quickly generating and printing inlets/covers and backcovers for audio CDs.
Creative Technology Ltd. has released the latest version of its Nomad Jukebox digital audio player, featuring 20G bytes of hard disk storage, the equivalent of 8,000 songs, the company said in a statement Wednesday.
Copy-protected CDs are the Dick Cheney of the music industry: People know they exist, but music labels say little about their whereabouts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Free Spotify Premium for Vodafone customers
- Sony to restart Blu-ray Disc production in late May
- YouTube Live: The makeover continues
- Sony to launch streaming music on PSP
- Time Warner asks judge to decide on iPad streaming
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW