Last year when Apple Computer introduced the iPod, some analysts suggested the unit's price would be a turn-off to consumers. Now another major player in portable music is bullish on high priced large-capacity digital music players: Sonicblue, which ...
Digital Music - News
Companion Engineering & Design on Tuesday announced Intuem. Intuem is a MIDI-based music authoring application for Mac OS X that has been developed specifically for education and home use.
Transcend Information on Monday introduced a new line of adapters and a reader/writer intended for users of Memory Stick media. Memory Sticks are used extensively in Sony Corp.-branded digital cameras and digital music players and other devices.
You might want to stock up on CD and DVD burners now, before both are considered contraband. That's no joke: Hollywood wants to put hardware-based copy protection into everything from PCs to MP3 players. And Congress is giving the idea serious consi...
Digital FireworX for Mac OS X has been released by SkyRockets Multimedia. It's a computer generated fireworks simulation that uses real digitized fireworks sounds for enhanced realism.
RealNetworks and Sony have extended their partnership in the area of digital audio and video, announcing a revised agreement Tuesday that should help both companies widen the reach of their respective digital media technologies.
Internet radio listeners will get a taste of what Web radio may sound like in the future Wednesday when hundreds of Web broadcasters go silent in protest of Webcaster royalty rates recently proposed by a U.S. government panel.
Signalling a new direction for online music services, Liquid Audio launched the BurnITFIRST digital music subscription service this week, offering users the ability to burn CDs and transfer music to portable devices.
A British student is to be ordered to shut his Web site by file-sharing service Kazaa BV or face legal action.
The next-generation video standard known as MPEG-4 promises to dazzle you with fast, high-definition video on your desktop and TV. But developers enthusiastic about the technology warn that nagging licensing issues could hobble its release.
The folks at Fidelity Media have just released the latest beta of MegaSeg beta, the MP3 and QuickTime DJ software.
Citing both Apple Computer and Sony's intentions to become the hub of the digital lifestyle, Popular Science has pitted an US$1,800 800MHz flat-panel iMac up against a $3,400 Sony Vaio PCV-MXS10 to see which really comes out on top. The new compariso...
Say hello to Figleaf, a solution for quickly generating and printing inlets/covers and backcovers for audio CDs.
Creative Technology Ltd. has released the latest version of its Nomad Jukebox digital audio player, featuring 20G bytes of hard disk storage, the equivalent of 8,000 songs, the company said in a statement Wednesday.
Copy-protected CDs are the Dick Cheney of the music industry: People know they exist, but music labels say little about their whereabouts.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW