Wednesday's product launch of Apple's third-generation iPod Shuffle highlights the company's obsessive attention to design. The new version of Apple's most affordable digital music player arrives in a reduced color palette (with only silver and black...
The Apple iPhone has been a game changer since day one. So it's to be expected that the phone would transform the competitive landscape if it were to hit US$99 (AU$150). And I'm not just talking about the handset landscape.
"More than half the students in my Yale journalism seminar volunteered recently that they thought the Times was a non-profit institution!" writes journalist, teacher and entrepreneur Steven Brill. The founder of Brill's Content, a magazine that track...
It's been a big year for software products designed to dumb down the process of making music for entertainment purposes.
Throughout his 20+ year career as the man behind industrial-rock act Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznor has been no stranger to the ways of Creative Commons and digital distribution. In fact, he's let fans tinker with his musical creations as far back as ...
More bad news for fans of the "I bought it, I own it, I can do what I want with it" approach to living.
Recently the 1394 Trade Association approved the FireWire S1600 and S3200 formats, with the final spec to be published in October.
In a private demonstration with The Chronicle, a representative from the Recording Industry Association of America explained the simplicity of nabbing file-sharers, specifically those located on college campuses.
I've been playing around with the new Adobe Media Player (AMP), which made its way out of Adobe Labs to receive a formal 1.0 release Wednesday. It's an interesting entry into the fast-moving market for streaming digital media, and definitely somethin...
In the IT world it is amazing how often you'll be presented with an idea that sounds good, seems reasonable and appears to fix a problem but in reality is a bad idea. I say this because a proposal that sounds good is being developed to address the "p...
Mud between Nine Inch Nails frontman, Trent Reznor, and Radiohead has begun to fly over Internet music distribution.
For electronic musicians using computer-based production software, like Cubase, FL Studio, or Ableton, VST plugins are the way to make your music sound better. VST plugins are like virtual synthesisers and effect units.
It's been almost two years since we first reported that the Beatles were digitally remastering their music catalogue in anticipation of making it available on iTunes and other digital music services.
Are plastic music CDs destined to join vinyl records as obsolete? Perhaps they already have.
Nine Inch Nails has surprised the music industry by coming out of nowhere with a new album release with a different variety of online purchasing options. The album is entitled Ghosts I-IV and is a 36-track instrumental album.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
- Spotify has 100 million users but Apple Music remains a threat
- Google's Magenta project just wrote its first piece of music, and thankfully it's not great
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT