Bored? You won't be after you download a few of these entertaining gems for the iPhone. In the following slides, you'll see multimedia apps that let you get the most out of your digital vault of MP3s, videos, and photos.
Digital Music - Slideshows
$99 4GB MP3 player to feature picture viewer, FM radio and user-friendly interface.
The 5730 XpressMusic
Apple's iPod has been outrageously successful and slyly prolific. In the seven-plus years since Apple introduced the iPod, the company has created 17 versions.
A prototype guitar built by US student Amit Zoran combines the natural acoustics of wood with the power of electronic processing
Alicia Keys, Eddie Vedder, Radiohead, Google and Twitter songs grab honors
Despite offering inferior quality to non-streamed music, Internet radio offers fantastic diversity and convenience at the click of a button. We asked our staff which stations they listen to.
We take apart a home theatre system to see what pushes the sound.
At Tokyo Designers Week 2008, Japanese audio company Supercent showcased an audio system based around a retro-style vacuum tube amplifier. It’s a very simple product, with playback options for radio and CDs, and a 3.5mm socket for connecting a portable audio player.
Sonos music system owners who also own an iPhone are now able to use their handsets to control the company’s multi-room music installations. The Sonos Controller for iPhone is free of charge. The only caveat is that you must have one of Sonos’ multi-room audio systems, which start at $799 per room. Sonos boasts that the Controller has the best user interface of any remote application on the iPhone. This announcement comes at the same time as news that Sonos users are now able to access 15,000 radio stations as well as Last.fm Internet music streaming. Even if the music systems are expensive, free add-ons are always welcomed!
Apple has announced a refresh of two of its most popular iPods, the iPod touch and iPod nano, along with a new version of its iTunes music software.
Nintendo used its E3 keynote this year to demonstrate the progress the company has made with developing Wii Music. Nintendo revealed that the Wii Balance Board will be used to play the drums, and that players will be able to use more than 50 instruments. Release is currently slated for the end of the year.
This week, Philips Australia launched its Consumer Lifestyle product range for 2008 against the eerie backdrop of a closed Lunar Park. Although the carnival atmosphere was lacking, there was still plenty to get excited about at the low-key event, with new HD TVs, home theatre systems, DVD recorders and multimedia players jostling for room among a deluge of homeware and grooming products. For a look at some of the highlights, check out the following slideshow.
Apple's first retail store in Australia will open in Sydney's George Street on Thursday, 19 June at 5:00p.m. Check out our sneak preview!
Buying a gift for Mother's Day can be a grueling task for clueless offspring. There are only so many fluffy slippers, gift hampers and romantic comedies you can buy before it all starts to wear a bit thin. But there's no reason why your present needs to be so predictable and boring — chances are that your mum is a lot more tech-savvy than you think. For some last-minute gift ideas, check out the following slideshow. (And if you happen to be a mum, grab a pen and some paper — it's time to compile your ultimate wish list!)
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCPMO Analyst/Project AnalystNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- TPSharePoint ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW