Bored? You won't be after you download a few of these entertaining gems for the iPhone. In the following slides, you'll see multimedia apps that let you get the most out of your digital vault of MP3s, videos, and photos.
$99 4GB MP3 player to feature picture viewer, FM radio and user-friendly interface.
The 5730 XpressMusic
Apple's iPod has been outrageously successful and slyly prolific. In the seven-plus years since Apple introduced the iPod, the company has created 17 versions.
A prototype guitar built by US student Amit Zoran combines the natural acoustics of wood with the power of electronic processing
Alicia Keys, Eddie Vedder, Radiohead, Google and Twitter songs grab honors
Despite offering inferior quality to non-streamed music, Internet radio offers fantastic diversity and convenience at the click of a button. We asked our staff which stations they listen to.
We take apart a home theatre system to see what pushes the sound.
At Tokyo Designers Week 2008, Japanese audio company Supercent showcased an audio system based around a retro-style vacuum tube amplifier. It’s a very simple product, with playback options for radio and CDs, and a 3.5mm socket for connecting a portable audio player.
Sonos music system owners who also own an iPhone are now able to use their handsets to control the company’s multi-room music installations. The Sonos Controller for iPhone is free of charge. The only caveat is that you must have one of Sonos’ multi-room audio systems, which start at $799 per room. Sonos boasts that the Controller has the best user interface of any remote application on the iPhone. This announcement comes at the same time as news that Sonos users are now able to access 15,000 radio stations as well as Last.fm Internet music streaming. Even if the music systems are expensive, free add-ons are always welcomed!
Apple has announced a refresh of two of its most popular iPods, the iPod touch and iPod nano, along with a new version of its iTunes music software.
Nintendo used its E3 keynote this year to demonstrate the progress the company has made with developing Wii Music. Nintendo revealed that the Wii Balance Board will be used to play the drums, and that players will be able to use more than 50 instruments. Release is currently slated for the end of the year.
This week, Philips Australia launched its Consumer Lifestyle product range for 2008 against the eerie backdrop of a closed Lunar Park. Although the carnival atmosphere was lacking, there was still plenty to get excited about at the low-key event, with new HD TVs, home theatre systems, DVD recorders and multimedia players jostling for room among a deluge of homeware and grooming products. For a look at some of the highlights, check out the following slideshow.
Apple's first retail store in Australia will open in Sydney's George Street on Thursday, 19 June at 5:00p.m. Check out our sneak preview!
Buying a gift for Mother's Day can be a grueling task for clueless offspring. There are only so many fluffy slippers, gift hampers and romantic comedies you can buy before it all starts to wear a bit thin. But there's no reason why your present needs to be so predictable and boring — chances are that your mum is a lot more tech-savvy than you think. For some last-minute gift ideas, check out the following slideshow. (And if you happen to be a mum, grab a pen and some paper — it's time to compile your ultimate wish list!)
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple might buy Jay Z's Tidal for its A-list exclusives
- Spotify has 100 million users but Apple Music remains a threat
- Google's Magenta project just wrote its first piece of music, and thankfully it's not great
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Apple Music may get retuned in June
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW