Internet entertainment behemoth, Netflix, is continuing to block billions of IP addresses by the day in a bid to crack down on this “new wave piracy” of unauthorised geographical access.
D-Link is working to fix a weakness that allows attackers to take over remote control of one of its camera so they can eavesdrop, and the company is checking whether others of its products have similar vulnerabilities.
Software Upgrade 3.2 to Nvidia's Shield Android TV media streamer will add a number of nifty updates for higher-quality video apps and games. However, it remains pricey compared to a traditional streaming device like Roku.
Netflix’s war against poor speeds from Internet service providers (ISPs) has a new weapon: The company's Fast.com utility can tell you the download speed between your home and Netflix's servers.
The NFL and YouTube have a new agreement that brings classic NFL games in full to Google's video site, as well as more NFL content in Google search.
Netflix: Virtual realty has too few users, and isn’t conducive to binge-watching.
Netflix’s data controls come shortly after the company admitted that it had been throttling video quality on AT&T and Verizon networks for more than five years. Netflix users can now watch around four hours per gigabyte of cellular data by dialing down video quality.
Netflix learns to never say never about downloading videos for offline viewing.
YouTube 360-degree live video is here, and you're first chance to see it will probably be during the Coachella festival on Saturday and Sunday.
Optical discs like Blu-ray are losing favor, but Sony and Panasonic don't seem to care. The companies have cranked up the storage capacity on optical media to a stunning 3.3TB.
In order to preserve and allow access to its highly valuable content, the Nelson Mandela Foundation (NMF) began a global search for a partner to help digitise its collection of audiovisual material.
The system piggybacks onto your existing wiring to add a motion sensor, wireless on/off switch, a two-way intercom, and a siren to scare intruders away.
It streams media on the cheap, but Google's dongle lacks advanced functionality.
With its wide selection of under-the-radar movies, you could also call it ‘Off-the-beaten-path Flix.’
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- D-Link camera can be hijacked to become a spy-cam
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160815/P/742Asia
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT