We last reviewed Fetch TV’s main set-top box (second generation) two years ago. How things change in that time? Back then we primarily lamented the lack of built-in WiFi – something that would be unthinkable these days - but now the third-generation box (called the Mighty) has added it to the mix.
Digital Video Accessories
Google hasn't said what's coming yet, but if you sign up for the initiative you'll be part of the group that's in the know.
Sony's latest update to the PlayStation 4's system software adds high dynamic range support for older consoles.
The Bolt+ builds on the original Bolt, featuring six tuners and 3TB of onboard storage.
Keen on catching up on the latest films out of Africa? What about some classic Japanese cinema, or the 1903 version of Alice in Wonderland? It's a bit difficult to do by just wandering into a DVD store, but thanks to Mubi on the PlayStation 3, watching somewhat obscure films just got a whole lot easier.
The SPK-HCE Sports Pack is an underwater housing for Sony camcorders. Its main claims to fame are its awesome versatility (over 20 handycam models are supported) and user-friendly interface. On the downside, the Sony SPK-HCE Sports Pack isn’t the most robust case we’ve seen -- it’s only waterproof to a depth of five metres, which rules out deep sea diving (or even the deep end of some public swimming pools). It's also a bit pricey and blocks access to most of your camcorder's modes and features. Nevertheless, the SPK-HCE Sports Pack remains a reliable product for low-grade underwater frolics.
The world is still focused on the new iPod Nano and Zune HD, but that didn't stop Sony from unveiling its thinnest Walkman ever on Wednesday morning. Sony's new NW-A840 Series measure just over a quarter of an inch thick.
Avid has introduced new versions of its Media Composer video editing software and Symphony finishing system.
As 3D imaging emerged as a theme at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin, the Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications took the technology a step further and presented its research on 3D gesture control.
The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) is planning to add support for 3D to its high-resolution video disc format, it said on Wednesday.
What's thin, light, powerful, sometimes clever, and always there to handle your data burning needs? ImgBurn, easily the most impressive free/donationware burning software I've run across. The program handles a host of image types including ISO, NRG, PDI, UDI, BIN/CUE, and CDI -- obviating the need to buy several different imaging programs -- and will also create data CDs, DVDs, and get this: Blu-ray data discs!
The Toshiba SDP92SKY is a portable DVD player with a swivelling 9in LCD screen. It comes with a smattering of intriguing features, including DivX media support, an AV input connection and an SD card slot for playback of video files, MP3s and photos. Unfortunately, it’s also a bit on the pricey side compared to other portable DVD players, without much to justify the extra premium. Simply put, there are cheaper models on the block that do a similar job.
nVidia has introduced the OptiX interactive ray tracing engine, which is part of a suite of application-acceleration engines aimed at software developers who create high-end 3D suites. These engines are designed to be integrated into 3D modelling, animation and rendering suites, providing acceleration by tapping nVidia's Quadro FX line of graphics cards.
AMD has announced a new flagship model in its line of workstation-class graphics cards, the ATI FirePro V8750. The company has also debuted the S400 genlock and framelock add-on board for use in video editing suites, and announced that its CrossFire technology for using more than one graphics card in a single workstation now supports FirePro boards.
The Canon WP-V1 is a waterproof camcorder case for the Canon Legria HF20 and Canon Legria HF200 -- two high-definition camcorders that record in the flash memory format. It is waterproof to a depth of 40 metres. Despite some minor mechanical flaws, the Canon WP-V1 remains a very good product for snorkelers, surfers and scuba-divers — especially if they already own the HF20 or HF200.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
- Sony's PlayStation 4 'Shingen' update adds HDR support to every PS4 console
- New TiVo Bolt+ is a DVR powerhouse rolling out September 15
- Sony unveils slimmest Walkman yet
- Avid lauches version 4 of Media Composer, Symphony
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)QLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPProject ManagerOther
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW