Google has quietly turned on IPv6 support for its YouTube video streaming Web site, sending a spike of IPv6 traffic across the Internet that has continued from last Thursday until Monday.
A Chinese company that sells a tablet PC like Apple's newly announced iPad may sue the U.S. company over the similar design between the devices, it said Monday.
Cisco Systems has gotten the ball rolling toward interoperability among all high-end videoconferencing platform by licensing the Telepresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP) to other vendors, but the ability to plug any two systems together may be a ...
Google has redesigned YouTube's video page interface because it has become "cluttered and a little overwhelming" by Google's own admission.
Sony Ericsson has launched another Symbian-based smartphone, the Vivaz, which supports video recording at 720p and comes with an 8-megapixel camera.
YouTube is taking its first steps into the online movie-rental business, starting with a handful of films from the Sundance Film Festival that it will offer on its Web site starting this weekend.
Today's CIOs may get blindsided by a technology they don't often think about: video, specifically high-definition video in the enterprise, according to CIO coach and consultant Jim Anderson, head of Blue Elephant Consulting in Tampa, Fla.
Microsoft has rescheduled the launch of its ambitious Visual Studio 2010 software development platform and the accompanying .Net Framework 4 programming platfom to April 12, after having scrapped a planned March 22 release date.
Skype is introducing high-definition video calling that it plans to make interoperable with corporate videoconferencing gear, so individuals could join conferences at high resolution for little cost. The news was unveiled last week during the Consume...
Though it doesn't quite match last year's camcorder madness, Panasonic announced the addition of three compact HD camcorders to its arsenal, alongside three new standard models, at CES.
The Flip Mino HD has won the PC Advisor Awards 2010 - Best Camcorder award, after being named as the best camcorder to have come through the PC Advisor Test Centre over the past 12 months.
Here at CES 2010, three new HD pocket camcorders have surfaced, all of which do things a bit differently.
Aircell, the company offering the Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi service on many airlines, will launch an in-flight video downloading service later this year.
Top Chinese search engine Baidu.com will open a separate company that offers online video, Baidu said late Wednesday, a service likely to prove popular as the company fights Google for search market share.
Online video consumption has skyrocketed in the U.S., and while Google remains safely at the top of the heap, entertainment-heavy MySpace ironically has seen a drop in unique viewers and videos served.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
- Netflix loosens up streaming video, letting users choose their cellular speed limit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC