Google has reached an agreement to buy video compression technology vendor On2 Technologies in a stock deal worth about US$106.5 million, the companies announced.
Pixar Animation Studios has debut RenderMan Pro Server 15 and the brand-new Tractor 1.0 render management software, and announced that owners of its RenderMan rendering software will soon be able to use the product across all processor cores on a sin...
Advanced Micro Devices introduced a new chipset on Monday with an integrated graphics core that provides a better high-definition video experience compared to earlier chipsets, the company said.
Nikon Australia today announced the Coolpix s1000pj: the world’s first compact camera with a built-in projector. The Nikon Coolpix s1000pj digital camera can project photos and movie clips on to any flat surface at the press of a button. The images c...
Anime Studio Debut is an off-shoot of Smith Micro's 2D art program, Manga Studio. It uses a "bone" interface as its core. You use a tool to add bones to the structure of a drawing. You can then animate these bones, and you can adjust their strength t...
Disney and Universal Studios are among 13 production companies that are trying to get BitTorrent search engine the Pirate Bay closed.
The Pirate Bay's shot at legitimacy may be over before it even began, as Swedish firm Global Gaming Factory hasn't produced enough money to buy the legendary torrent tracking site.
AMD has announced a new flagship model in its line of workstation-class graphics cards, the ATI FirePro V8750. The company has also debuted the S400 genlock and framelock add-on board for use in video editing suites, and announced that its CrossFire ...
Kodak has announced a new high-definition pocket video camera, the Zi8, which captures video in 1080p HD. The Zi8 is a step-up in video resolution over its predecessors, the Kodak Zi6 and the weather-resistant Zx1, which both maxed out at 720p. Along...
Youku.com, China's leading video sharing Web site, faces a challenge shared by YouTube and other rivals worldwide. The Web site has worked to expand its revenue from video ads, mobile downloads and elsewhere, and it claims a massive audience of 25 mi...
Axis Communications has announced the availability of over 30 new security camera products from the company in India and globally (in addition to about 200 existing products).
Rumors have swirled that Apple plans to add a camera to the iPod Touch. And, once the iPhone appeared with a camera capable of taking decent pictures and recording video, it became more than likely that the newest version of the iPod Touch would rece...
A US company has upgraded its cross-platform videoconferencing service and at the same time launched a new plan designed to broaden its appeal to the small to medium business (SMB) segment.
Google is doing a little image control this week, trying to swat away criticisms of YouTube, its wildly popular video site. Google is fighting back against questions about the site's finances, as well as attacks on the quality of videos available on ...
Ask Malcolm Gravette what is driving the need for more wireless bandwidth, and the systems application manager for ADT Security will tell you: It's megapixel video.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
- Netflix loosens up streaming video, letting users choose their cellular speed limit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT