Web video site Joost is restructuring, abandoning its hopes to be a successful ad-supported Web TV provider. Instead it will sell its video-serving technology to other media companies.
Digital Video - News
The Pirate Bay's new owners envision the site as the model for the next generation of file-sharing, where users can earn money by legally sharing content with others. In short, The Pirate Bay wants to pay you for file-sharing.
Toronto-based solution provider, IT Methods, is aiming to "bring high-definition video conferencing to the masses," with its new videoCloud managed telepresence service offering and the help of its channel partners.
Watch out, Hollywood -- another threat to your profits appears to be setting sail and headed in your direction. A site called The Video Bay aims to make pirated TV shows and Hollywood movies available in hi-def quality for streaming through your Web ...
Japan is threatening to complain to the World Trade Organization if South Korea goes through with reported plans to require certification for lithium ion batteries.
Nearly one in ten of all consumers in the UK, France, Germany and the US have admitted to watching illegally downloaded video contents, says Futuresource Consulting.
DreamWorks Animation is releasing all of its films in stereoscopic 3D, more than doubling the amount of data storage capacity required to store its movies.
Named 'Vid', the software is a free tool to make video calls using Logitech webcams. The description of the software says it works with all Logitech webcams -- it is not clear if the software is compatible with other webcams as well.
Media 100 has released Media 100 Version 13.0.3. The update to the video editing software adds support for AJA's KONA LHi video card, taking advantage of the KONA LHi's new HDMI output feature.
A new industry group officially launched Tuesday with a proposed standard for closed-circuit high-definition TV for video surveillance, and end-users applauded the effort to promote interoperability in a new generation of monitoring gear.
LifeSize Communications and Radvision are taking two different routes toward high-definition desktop videoconferencing, both aiming to bring more participants into the virtual room.
Electric Rain has released a new version of its Swift 3D software for creating 3D animations and elements for use in Flash projects. Swift 3D version 6.0 adds support for Boolean operations, advanced texturing and bump mapping, PaperVision3D v2.0 exp...
Have a Flash file from which you wish you could edit or extract the video -- but don't want to pay for the rather expensive Adobe Flash CS4 program? Eltima Software's Flash Decompiler Trillix (US$80, free demo) might be what you're looking for. Decom...
Hibbert Ralph Animation (HRA) today unveiled Redboard, a software-based system that enhances existing CG workflows by adding and integrating the skills of the traditional storyboard artist. According to HRA, Redboard improves communication and effici...
People in the U.S. viewed a record 16.8 billion videos online in April, a 16 percent increase over March, due in large part to a "surge" in usage at YouTube, according to comScore.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC