Google has acquired an Irish company for technology that will allow YouTube to automatically improve the quality of videos stored on the site.
Swiftly following Microsoft's release of Internet Explorer 9, Google has issued a plug-in for the new browser that allows users to play videos in Google's WebM video file format.
JVC has launched its first Full HD camcorder: The JVC Everio GS-TD1. The GS-TD1 will be available in April, but no pricing details have been revealed. The camera is capable of using its 5x optical zoom while shooting 3D footage and features a touchsc...
A U.S. Department of Justice spokeswoman would not comment Friday on reports that the agency is investigating patent management firm MPEG LA for allegedly trying to suppress an open-source video compression format supported by Google.
A pair of Taiwan researchers have designed what they believe to be the first webcam-equipped antenna that can be unfolded from a laptop PC for quick scans of lengthy documents.
Really like that video you posted on Yahoo Video? Well, if you want it back, you better hurry up and download it.
YouTube is working with LG Electronics to make it easier for users to capture 3D images and video on mobile devices and upload directly to the Internet with LG's new Optimus 3D smartphone.
Amid controversy over Google's decision to strip H.264 support from its Chrome browser, a Google official has acknowledged H.264 is more popular than the WebM video codec, but said restrictive licensing will ultimately doom H.264.
Canon has announced what the company describes as its smallest professional digital video camera ever. The Canon XA10 is a Full HD (1080p) digital camcorder with a HD CMOS Pro 1/3in sensor; according to Canon, the sensor is 260 per cent larger than t...
BenQ Australia today launched two new budget digital camcorders. The BenQ Camcorder S11 is a pocket Full HD (1080p) video camera that has an integrated LED-based pico projector for playing back footage. The BenQ Camcorder S21 is also capable of 1080p...
Your move Apple: Google announced that they are changing Chrome's support of HTML5 'video' to be, in Google's view, more friendly towards open development. The H.264 codec is being removed in favor of the Theora and VP8 video codecs as well as any h...
Amateur filmmakers have no excuses now--film director Park Chan-Wook has just finished shooting a major motion picture with an iPhone.
This year's Consumer Electronics Show attracted around 140,000 people, easily surpassing pre-show estimates and beating the two prior events, the event's organizers said late Sunday.
New BD-Live material has just been announced for the standard Blu-ray edition of James Cameron's Avatar. The downloadable content will include special features from the Extended Edition Blu-ray, which will hit stores later on 24 November.
A New York company is developing technology so that 3D images can be seen on high-definition screens without the need for viewers to wear special glasses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- D-Link camera can be hijacked to become a spy-cam
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Business Intelligence Analyst - "Power BI"QLD
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia