Your move Apple: Google announced that they are changing Chrome's support of HTML5 'video' to be, in Google's view, more friendly towards open development. The H.264 codec is being removed in favor of the Theora and VP8 video codecs as well as any h...
Amateur filmmakers have no excuses now--film director Park Chan-Wook has just finished shooting a major motion picture with an iPhone.
This year's Consumer Electronics Show attracted around 140,000 people, easily surpassing pre-show estimates and beating the two prior events, the event's organizers said late Sunday.
New BD-Live material has just been announced for the standard Blu-ray edition of James Cameron's Avatar. The downloadable content will include special features from the Extended Edition Blu-ray, which will hit stores later on 24 November.
A New York company is developing technology so that 3D images can be seen on high-definition screens without the need for viewers to wear special glasses.
Primary and secondary school students from across Australia congregated at the Sydney Powerhouse Museum yesterday for the Panasonic Kid Witness News (KWN) awards. KWN is a video competition that encourages school students to shoot, direct and star in...
New handheld video cameras in the popular Flip line acquired by Cisco in March last year will hit Australia in early November, the company announced this week.
Cisco is set to launch three new Flip pocket camcorders at the end of the month - an 8GB and a 4GB Flip Ultra HD and an 8GB Flip Mino HD. All three will come with image stabilisation and updated FlipShare editing software.
This year, BenQ plans to break into the Australian camcorder market with a range of affordable, self-branded digital video cameras. Each model in the BenQ camcorder range features Full HD video recording (1080x1920p), plus unique features such as dua...
Avaya had barely announced its new portable video device on Wednesday when just about everybody started calling it the Flare Tablet.
The video surveillance industry is undergoing a sea change as older analog systems give way to IP-based systems.
In a move that will legally bring more American TV shows and films to the Internet in China, Ku6 Media, an operator of one of the country's largest video hosting sites, has signed content deals with Sony Pictures Television and a major Hollywood stud...
Aiptek has introduced the i2, a pocket-sized twin lens camcorder that can record 3D video, at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin.
Panasonic used the broiling, hectic setting of the U.S. Open tennis tourney in New York Wednesday to showcase the capabilities of its first handheld consumer-grade 3D camcorder. On a day so hot and humid that one athlete, Victoria Azarenka, collapsed...
Forget about Avatar in 3D -- thanks to software maker Roxio, now your home movies can feature grandma, the kids, and all your friends in eye-popping 3D. Roxio announced Tuesday the latest versions of its all-in-one media software suite, Creator 2011...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
- Twitter's new Apple TV, Fire TV, and Xbox One apps are all about video, not tweets
- Sony's PlayStation 4 'Shingen' update adds HDR support to every PS4 console
- New TiVo Bolt+ is a DVR powerhouse rolling out September 15
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTBackup ConsultantWA