The Sony HDR-PJ200E is a tiny camcorder with a built in projector. It performs well and is a lovely gadget for frequent travellers: capture some neat footage during the day, then at night project the results on an empty wall wherever you happen to be...
Digital Video - Reviews
When we looked at the Contour+ video camera we were impressed with its video quality and size, but of more value was its miniature construction -- it easily fit in a pocket, or could be thrown in a backpack. What made it great was the extra Bluetooth...
Stephanie Gilmore brightens up a gloomy Bondi beach as she poses for photographers with her trusty Nikon Coolpix AW100.
The Contour+, from extreme sports video camera company Contour, is a tough and compact camera that records Full HD video at a variety of quality settings and frame rates. It has the potential to be an indispensable tool for anyone looking to record t...
I must confess: I'm not a regular camcorder user. (When you look at the sample footage embedded in this article that will become obvious to you -- Ed.) I prefer the convenience of a digital SLR or compact camera instead, and I rarely have a need to s...
When it comes to video editing, nothing ever happens quickly enough, no matter how powerful your computer.
If you're a fan of The Office, you might recall the character Angela setting up a live stream camera so she could watch her cats while at work.
The Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 is sleek black with a chrome accent and an unusual rubber clip. This could be moulded to fit the back of a laptop screen or monitor and also allowed the lens to be tilted up or down.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond is dainty and weighs a sylphlike 80g. Measuring 55x60x55mm, the silver-coloured HD Diamond has attractive black accents and features a robust clip that folds out from the base of the device to ensure it sits securely on a ...
The Millennius Full HD Waterproof Seacam does exactly what it says on the tin: it's waterproof (up to a depth of three metres), records in Full HD (to SD memory cards) and is tailormade for seaside holidays. With an RRP of $249, it's also pleasantly ...
It looks very smart perched atop a flatpanel or laptop screen. Measuring just 37x71x62mm and weighing 98g, the rectangle Freetalk Everyman Webcam comes with a robust plastic clip that can be adjusted to ensure the webcam is secure when placed on top ...
After one of the coldest winters in living memory, followed by a wet and dreary beginning to summer, the prospect of hitting the beach for some underwater videography might not sound too enticing. But if you do decide to take the plunge, it's hard to...
Sony's Vegas Pro video-editing software has a less-flashy reputation compared with competitors Apple Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, but this powerful application has its fans, too. The latest version, Sony Vegas Pro 10, gains some featur...
The Flip MinoHD 8GB is a flash memory-based pocket camcorder aimed at bloggers and casual videographers. Highlights include 720p recording, image stabilisation, a HDMI port and inbuilt editing software.
"To blog, or not to blog: that is the question." If you believe online video blogs have a place in this world (and aren't, for example, a hideous brain-vacuum for a culturally barren society), then the Sony Bloggie Touch MHS-TS20 could be the product...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC