Coming in at US$130, the Memorex MyVideo HD pocket camcorder records 720p high-definition footage, snaps 5-megapixel still photos, and has a retractable USB connector, like most of its pocket-camcorder competition. For a fairly low price, it offers d...
The Canon Legria HF21 is a Full HD flash memory–based camcorder aimed primarily at casual users. With an RRP of $1699, the Legria HF21 is significantly cheaper than Canon’s high-end efforts yet still hovers above the entry-level mark. Its video...
Premiere Elements 8 adds file organising and keywording, plus greater integration with Photoshop Elements, while making it much easier to edit and use videos in style.
Unlike Adobe Premiere Elements, Pinnacle is more rooted in traditional video editing methods used to produce professional-quality movies. Pinnacle offers deeper features for import, customisation, and export that will likely make it significantly mor...
On paper, the JVC GC-FM1 is loaded. Specs-wise, it has only one rival in the high-definition pocket camcorder realm: the excellent Kodak Zi8.
As you may have noticed, high-definition pocket camcorders are growing up fast. Pure Digital's popular Flip line of camcorders (which includes the standard-definition Flip Mino and the high-def Flip MinoHD) has scored well in the market, so it isn't ...
The Canon Legria HFS11 is the latest Full HD camcorder to roll off the company's prodigious production line. It replaces the top-of-the-range Legria HFS10 in Canon's camcorder lineup, which we reviewed barely four months ago. At this rate, we half-ex...
The second-generation Flip Video MinoHD doesn't represent a huge jump in specs and features.
Compared with footage from the best 1080p HD camcorders, the Sanyo Xacti VPC-WH1's 720p HD video (at 30 frames per second) exhibits noticeably - but not disastrously - reduced resolution, sharpness, colour accuracy, and motion. The VPC-WH1's overall ...
In 2008, we knocked the hard-drive-based Panasonic HDC-HS100 HD camcorder for its lacklustre video quality. But 2009 is looking up for the company, as the excellent Panasonic HDC-TM300 delivers some of the best still and video images we've seen from ...
JVC's Everio GZ-X900 high-definition camcorder ($1,999 as of October 7, 2009) has a sleek design, includes a few innovative features, and generates acceptable HD video under bright lighting conditions. Unfortunately, the unit's noticeably subpar low-...
The Sanyo Xacti VPC-FH1 is a low-priced digital camcorder that delivers good-looking video and stills, with image quality just slightly trailing that of HD camcorders priced nearly three times as much. Indeed, with an RRP of just $799, it's pretty ha...
The GPS-enabled Sony Handycam HDR-XR200V certainly sports innovative features, but it lacks the video quality needed to make it stand out from--or even measure up to--the best small AVCHD camcorders we've seen this year. It's a Sony camcorder with ov...
The Canon Legria HV40 is a high-end HDV camcorder that records in the MiniDV format. It’s essentially a tweaked version of last year’s Canon HV30 with some minor extras thrown in.
Kodak's Zi8 high-definition pocket camcorder (US$180 as of 9/14/2009) is the superpowered follow-up to the company's cult-favorite Kodak Zi6 model. It's also the most full-featured pocket-size camcorder we've seen, thanks to three unique features: th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- D-Link camera can be hijacked to become a spy-cam
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia