The Panasonic HDC-HS100 camcorder is a better camera than it's predecessor the Panasonic HDC-HS9, with improved image quality and greater usability. However, the $2089 HDC-HS100 has only narrowed, not closed, the image-quality gap between its own vid...
A compact model with a beefy 120GB hard drive, the JVC Everio GZ-HD40 records to two formats: the compact and increasingly common AVCHD, and the higher-quality MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS). Although it has decent automatic and manual image control, t...
Want to know how to transfer movies from VHS to DVD? Roxio Easy VHS to DVD can help reclaim your unwatched family VHS videos.
The VIO P.O.V 1.5 is a pro-level helmet cam geared towards the rough-'n'-tumble sporting set. Unlike most helmet cams, it places image and sound quality at the forefront, with durability coming in a distant third. That said, this video camera will st...
The DVDirect VDR-P1 Express is a portable DVD Burner that performs the same function as a writable DVD drive. Which begs the question - why buy why buy this when your computer does a perfectly good job? here at PC World, it’s easy to forget that not ...
With vendors clamouring to outdo one another with fancy Full HD 1080p camcorders, it’s easy to forget that standard-definition models are still alive and well. If you only want to make occasional home movies and would prefer not to spend thousands of...
The advent of flash memory technology has caused camcorders to shrink to previously unimaginable proportions. With no bulky mechanical parts weighing things down, it’s now possible to own a Full HD video camera that fits in the palm of your hand. The...
Since its inception in 2005, the Professional Plug-In (P2) video format has been a continued success for Panasonic. The current economic climate of pinched pennies and tightened belts has done nothing to slow its rise to the top, prompting fierce cop...
The Sony DCR-HC52 can be viewed as both the elderly gent and the squalling infant of its handycam family. Recording standard-definition video to Mini DV tape, it’s a stubbornly old-school device that also happens to be the company's entry-level produ...
For years now, compact camera manufacturers have offered special ‘ruggedised’ models for hard-hitting lifestyles, such as the ubiquitous Olympus Tough range. Unfortunately, the camcorder industry has been slow to catch up. Thankfully, Oregon Scientif...
The Canon HF100 is a high-definition camcorder that records AVCHD video to SD/SDHC memory cards. Despite having a beefier sounding name, it’s actually a downgraded version of Canon’s HF11. The main difference has to do with the internal flash memory ...
It’s not every day that a high-def camcorder comes along for under $1000 — or even $1500 for that matter. But less than $500? That’s completely unheard of! With a reality-defying RRP of $369, the Kogan Full HD 1080p Video Camera is three times ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- D-Link camera can be hijacked to become a spy-cam
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT