QUESTION: I need some advice about video conversion. Using DivX, a WDTV Live drive and a large hard drive, I've copied my entire DVD collection to disk. I've been reading about the H.264 format, however, which apparently retains the same quality at a...
There's nothing like face-to-face meetings for really connecting with clients or team members, but with air travel becoming ever more expensive (and ever less pleasant), frequent in-person meetings are becoming less viable for many businesses. That m...
Google Docs is becoming a more robust cloud-based productivity suite, and the addition of uploading, storing and viewing videos is a boon for sharing corporate presentations and the like. It's also a slick way to skirt your company's firewall on stre...
We explain how to turn your raw video footage into a presentable production using Windows Live Essentials Movie Maker, a free download for Windows 7.
Suppose you downloaded a video from BitTorrent (it's okay, I won't tell), and you want to watch that video on your iPod, Android smartphone, or even just your laptop. Depending on the format that was used to create the video (I'm looking at you, MKV)...
Now that YouTube officially supports 15-minute videos, Andy Warhol's dictum that we'd all be famous for 15 minutes has proven more than a little prescient. Viral video is nothing to scoff at. There's more than just page-view bragging rights at stake-...
Depending on what you plan to do with your videos, you may need to convert them into different formats. We use free software to show you how it's done.
In response to some recent posts about YouTube, reader Miles wrote me to ask about YouTube "buffeting" (I think he means buffering, unless YouTube has started generating strong winds in his area).
One thing I really don't like about YouTube is those "related video" suggestions that immediately pop up at the end of each clip.
Ever wish you could watch that piano-playing cat at 35,000 feet? Alas, YouTube requires a live Internet connection, and Wi-Fi is still pretty hard to find in the friendly skies.
Yesterday we talked about customizing your YouTube homepage settings -- and protecting your privacy while you're at it.
The whole video format situation couldn't be more confusing if it was intended as a practical joke.
Whether you're a videophile or a casual videographer looking to capture life's precious moments, your Android phone can help you grab plenty of footage and share it with the world. And, with the help of a few choice apps, you can even carry and play ...
Carole Ellis writes: I was interested to read recently about someone who upgraded to Windows 7 64bit and could no longer view YouTube content. I am about to take delivery of a new Windows 7 64bit PC. I too want to watch YouTube. Does your advice mean...
There's a school of thought that says PCs and laptops themselves aren't important, and that their contents are what gives them their value. After all, information is power, and the information contained in a document on a hard drive can be nearly imp...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
- YouTube rolling out live 360-degree videos with immersive Coachella experience
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- How a Canberra specialist is helping digitise valuable Nelson Mandela footage
- Toucan promises to convert your simple porch light into a high-tech security system
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC