A robot being developed by Blue Ocean Robotics uses ultraviolet light to disinfect rooms.
Gadgets - News
It's hardware day as our tech trio looks into smart guns, a new virtual reality setup from Sony and the nifty Lenovo Yoga Book. (Look ma! No keyboard!)
Possibly the best low-cost consumer 3D printer, XYZprinting’s inexpensive unit delivers the ability to create good quality models in a short amount of time.
Co-founder Frank Azor has fond memories of Alienware's early days. It was a wild time of building kick-ass PCs, gaming, lots of sci-fi shows and generally, having a good time.
Microsoft is expanding the reach of its HoloLens augmented reality headgear to six new countries around the world.
Fitbit's newest wearable is ideal for fashionistas and swimmers.
Sony formally unveiled its N wearable on Thursday night, complete with a digital assistant named Nigel. You can't buy it, but you may try it if you sign up for Sony's beta program.
Six months after the release of the Oculus Rift, we finally hear more about its motion-tracking Touch controllers.
Oculus wants to move beyond the Rift with a standalone, self-contained VR headset.
At Oculus Connect 3, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg provided a tantalizing glimpse at what social VR could become.
We are live for day two of CEATEC, Japan's largest IT and electronics conference, to check out some of the hottest new products that will be hitting the market.
Panasonic has developed a prototype data transmission system that sends data via human touch.
Sharp has developed a new version of its Cocorobo robot vacuum cleaner that plays J-Pop as it sweeps.
Panasonic has developed a data transmission system that can exchange information through human touch.
RIP Nexus? The Google Store today gave the ax to several big-name devices, including the Nexus Phones and Nvidia's Shield TV.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This disinfection robot can light the way to cleaner hospitals
- Game on: Alienware's 20-year affair with gaming helps drive the future of VR
- Microsoft opens HoloLens preorders in Australia
- Hands-on: Sony N is a Google Glass for your neck, with an assistant named Nigel
- Oculus reveals Touch VR controller pricing and launch info, US$49 Oculus Earbuds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- TPICT Security SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCProject SchedulerACT
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream transformationNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCWebSphere Portal AdministratorNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW