Facebook will make the camera's hardware and software all open-source, starting this summer.
Can Facebook succeed where Google Glass failed?
Senator Al Franken wants know why Oculus Rift is collecting so much data.
Moleskine's latest digital-paper combination, the Smart Writing Set, has the style of a tablet and the convenience of digital manipulation.
Virtual reality is finally real, but which VR headset is the best for you? We compare the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Sphero BB-8 gets a “Watch With Me” mode to react in sync with the film.
If you thought virtual reality headsets were expensive, the price of desktops to create VR content will blow you away.
Get close and personal with the web, but expect some bugs as the WebVR standard isn't quite yet finished.
This week Jon, Mark and Gordon discuss just how cool HoloLens is, if Microsoft promises to fix UWP gaming is enough and bots. And will evil Tay be back?
iFixit’s Oculus Rift teardown reveals special lenses for a lighter, comfier VR headset.
Epson recently introduced its Moverio smart glass technology to guests of the Formula One World Champions Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team at Albert Park in Melbourne.
We got a sneak peek of the Microsoft HoloLens Developer Edition in the wild, before Microsoft’s Build conference.
The Razer Ripsaw helps send your gameplay streams to the cloud.
This Cambridge, MA based startup connects customers with pilots to provide on demand drone services.
The developer of Young Conker and Fragments, two of the first HoloLens games, describes what gaming will be like with the augmented-reality peripheral—including the caveats.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Roost goes from selling a smart smoke-alarm battery to selling smart smoke alarms
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- Samsung explains why it’s all in on VR
- Minecraft steps into virtual reality as Samsung Gear VR Edition appears in Oculus Store
- Zuckerberg sees 'better than human' AI in next 10 years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA